Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deano123
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT Pro TV Box

Go to solution

Hi would just like to say I got the new box today and it is a very very nice box ,so nice to use slick and so up to date compared to the 4k one , it's up there with sky Q to use . Over the moon with it . No bugs or any problems whatsoever .  Hope there's loads of new features to come ,  well done BT on this one . And hopefully more channels to come to replace the ones we are losing , be nice to see now tv catchup incorporated aswell. 

0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks for the info that does help then my question
0 Ratings
terryraymond
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

I’ve actually stopped using my Youview boxes and just access my package via firestick 4k which has support for HDR10, HLG, HDR10+, Dolby Vision.  I access my aerial feed via HDHomeRun to distribute signal through my network up to 4 TV/devices as the signal is not strong enough to split into two rooms. Therefore I’m paying the £5 a month but not using it due to poor split signal and can’t cancel the second box as in contract. 

0 Ratings
chilton55555
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @Deano123 . What is the make and model of the new box and does it support multiroom?

0 Ratings
Deano123
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

It's a sagecom bt pro mate , and the multi room is only available with the existing old boxes 

scharter
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @terryraymond  I got the BT Pro Box, when I spoke to sales to change (negotiate!!) my package from the old Entertainment to just Big Sport . 

0 Ratings
biohazardx9
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Agreed, this box is very good. For me, speed is everything. When I press an action I expect it to be actioned. This box does that and more.

Aside from some minor issues which bt are aware of already, I can safely say its a brilliant product. It looks smart as well as functions well.

Due to now TV, some channels are duplicated which is funny (sky arts and sky news being the two)

A few things that could easily be added to the guide though... 

1. Pressing a button (eg red) could set a reminder, rather than pressing 'i' then set reminder. 

2. Pressing 'i' on a show that's available on demand but is currently live on that channel but isn't 'new' (aka a repeat) doesn't show the on demand button when it could. 

3. Although trivial, some UI elements are not bt themed. Mainly the mini bar. Has a blue progress bar and text. As well as the home screen text on the tiles having blue text. I think a bright purple should be it's replacement or white. 

4. During the box setup a third power mode called eco was available but once setup that option is absent. 

Very good box, extremely happy with it. 

terryraymond
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks. I got one a while ago when I changed my flexible tv package with now on MyBT 🙂 the box is much better than previous one. 

0 Ratings