cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT Pro TV Box

Go to solution

Hi would just like to say I got the new box today and it is a very very nice box ,so nice to use slick and so up to date compared to the 4k one , it's up there with sky Q to use . Over the moon with it . No bugs or any problems whatsoever .  Hope there's loads of new features to come ,  well done BT on this one . And hopefully more channels to come to replace the ones we are losing , be nice to see now tv catchup incorporated aswell. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks for the info that does help then my question
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

I’ve actually stopped using my Youview boxes and just access my package via firestick 4k which has support for HDR10, HLG, HDR10+, Dolby Vision.  I access my aerial feed via HDHomeRun to distribute signal through my network up to 4 TV/devices as the signal is not strong enough to split into two rooms. Therefore I’m paying the £5 a month but not using it due to poor split signal and can’t cancel the second box as in contract. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @Deano123 . What is the make and model of the new box and does it support multiroom?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

It's a sagecom bt pro mate , and the multi room is only available with the existing old boxes 

Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @terryraymond  I got the BT Pro Box, when I spoke to sales to change (negotiate!!) my package from the old Entertainment to just Big Sport . 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Agreed, this box is very good. For me, speed is everything. When I press an action I expect it to be actioned. This box does that and more.

Aside from some minor issues which bt are aware of already, I can safely say its a brilliant product. It looks smart as well as functions well.

Due to now TV, some channels are duplicated which is funny (sky arts and sky news being the two)

A few things that could easily be added to the guide though... 

1. Pressing a button (eg red) could set a reminder, rather than pressing 'i' then set reminder. 

2. Pressing 'i' on a show that's available on demand but is currently live on that channel but isn't 'new' (aka a repeat) doesn't show the on demand button when it could. 

3. Although trivial, some UI elements are not bt themed. Mainly the mini bar. Has a blue progress bar and text. As well as the home screen text on the tiles having blue text. I think a bright purple should be it's replacement or white. 

4. During the box setup a third power mode called eco was available but once setup that option is absent. 

Very good box, extremely happy with it. 

Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks. I got one a while ago when I changed my flexible tv package with now on MyBT 🙂 the box is much better than previous one. 

0 Ratings