cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 135

Re: BT Pro box 'ghost' failed recordings

Hi All,

I'm new to this so please bear with me!

Yes I had some 'ghost' recordings last night on a series link (coronation street!) I deleted an episode from Monday where it says under the Delete Series Link part. This should be clearer that you only want to delete a certain episode and not the entire series. Both of Wednesday's episodes failed to record and the message only appeared this morning. Anyway, I thought I'd delete the whole series and start again but the Red record symbol still remains! I'm not sure where I stand now and another failed yesterday too.

I'm tempted to do a factory reboot, what does the moderator or anyone else think?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 135

Hi @Friar68uk, we've taken in some examples of this problem earlier on the thread and once we get these investigated will be clearer on the problem and solution.

In the meantime, if you have no recordings you need to keep you could try a Factory Reset and let us know if that helps.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 135

Thanks John,

I'll wait and see what happens over the next 2 days, If i get failed recordings then I'll watch what i've recorded and do a factory reset Not my preference). As I said, It should be clearer when you are deleting a program that it is just that episode and not the entire series link. A separate button should be made available for your next software update to differentiate this.

Thanks

Friar

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 135

We have been getting these ghost failed recordings also, mainly on series links and sometimes four per programme.

Be interested to find out what the cause is and when a solution is found to fix it.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 135

We have noticed that the 'ghost' recording when it appears (sometimes immediately and sometimes the next day) shows the exact start time of the programme, eg 9:00pm.

The recording that actually works always shows a start time of 1 minute later than the 'ghost' failed recording, eg 9:01pm.

We have also been able to watch and delete the "1 minute later" recording (not knowing it has a 'ghost' failed recoding) and then sometime later the 'ghost' failed recording shows in MyTV.

We do hope that there is a fast fix to this as it is very disconcerting to see "Failed to Record"!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 135

I've not been back for a little while, but as the originator of this thread, I'm pleased(?) to see that I'm not the only one getting these occurrences.

As I mentioned earlier my Pro box started behaving itself just as I got a response from the moderator, but then, just before the latest software update, I started getting the occasional ghost 'failed to record'.  I thought the update might sort it out, but the behaviour has continued.  Initially I looked like it only happened when a recording had been deleted on the same day of broadcast, but now I'm getting it for nearly every recording.

I receive signals from two transmitters where I live - I was wondering whether this might be confusing the software?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 135

Hi @f1charlie, thanks for posting back, and sorry you're still getting these ghost recordings?

Do you currently have any on your recordings screen? Or have you already deleted them?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 135

Hi @JohnC2 ,

I've deleted yesterdays, but I'm sure I'll have some more tomorrow!

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 135

Hi @f1charlie, thanks for posting back, and do come back let me know when you have some showing on the recordings page. The BT TV team would like to see this so please don't delete them.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 135

Hi

I have 2 failed recordings on my box currently - both have appeared over night. 
What do you need to see?

Marc

0 Ratings