cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT Pro remote

The main box was switched off while I was moving some cables.

@terry821wrote:

how do I reboot? Is that a soft reset or just simply turn the back on and off? 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

@NeilO Any update Neil from the TV team? 

I've tempted to fully re-set the box to see if that works. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Hi @terry821 yes sorry about the delay getting back to you, they've unfortunately advised me that if the repairing method by pressing 9 and the home button hasn't worked it's very likely that your TV isn't supported.

I'm really sorry about that.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

I'm intrigued how the Bluetooth remote works. Presumably all communication goes via the box and then sends to TV via HDMI?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Bluetooth is only used to communicate with the BT TV Box Pro. Communication between remote and TV is still via IR as normal.
The big difference with the new remote is that instead of having to enter a code to pair with the TV, the box uses the HDMI connection to ask the TV what it is. It then tells the remote, which configures the buttons accordingly.
Message 16 of 23

Is this TVs only or amps too?

@DarrenDevwrote:
Bluetooth is only used to communicate with the BT TV Box Pro. Communication between remote and TV is still via IR as normal.
The big difference with the new remote is that instead of having to enter a code to pair with the TV, the box uses the HDMI connection to ask the TV what it is. It then tells the remote, which configures the buttons accordingly.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

@DarrenDev's explanation helped me.

So to pair with the TV, the bt box MUST be directly connected to the TV via the supplied HDMI. Then press Home and 9 on the remote. This should now work. To check, switch your TV off, then press the 'source' button on the new remote, the TV should swith on.

When you switch off your btbox, just press the button a little longer, and the TV should switch off

You can now re connect your HDMI back via the surround amp.

For the volume control to work, connect to the surround amp via a S/PDF lead. Then in the bt box settings set S/PDF to 'surround' and the HDMI to stereo.

On your surround amp, make sure the btbox HDMI input is assigned to the optical audio input... 

Phew... this worked for me...  🙂

David

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

This thread has been really useful for me. I was very confused by the Pro box remote and how to get it to control volume of output to my Sonos Arc soundbar using the Pro remote while the Pro box is in “Surround” mode. I ended up having to use the TV remote to control volume and the Pro remote for everything else which was really annoying.

My setup is BT TV Pro > Sony AF9 > Sonos Arc (via HDMI ARC).

After trying many things, I eventually realised that I had the Bluetooth Remote > Control Volume and Source set to “Set Top Box”. As a result I was getting the box telling me it could not control volume while in “Surround” setting.

The confusing thing is that the “Set Top Box” menu option is greyed out. But you can select it.

Once I changed it to “TV”, and re-paired the remote (hold down the purple home key and the “9” key until the remote light flashes), I could then control the sound output from my Sonos while the Pro box remained in “Surround” mode. I can therefore ditch my Sony remote and just use the Pro box remote now. 

Happy days.

Message 19 of 23

Hi, 

I’ve just taken delivery of a BT Pro to use as an Extra box (I was told by the order help desk that BT Pro was the only way I could have recordable capability on both boxes) with my new Sony TV.  Whilst the Bluetooth remote controls the TV functions, it’s not reliably able to turn it off (it does turn it on ok). Any idea how frequently compatibility issues with TVs are addressed?  My “non Pro” remote works fine with the new TV so if it’s unlikely to be sorted I may need to revert to a non Bluetooth version.

Sony Bravia XR50X90J

cheers

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Press and hold the “BT” button on the remote for 3 secs and it should turn off the box and the TV.

0 Ratings