cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Sport - A couple of grumbles

Grumble 1: EPG on BT Pro tells me that Napoli v Liverpool is being broadcast 7pm to 10.30pm on BT Sport 2. And sure enough, I tune into BT Sport 2 and that's what's showing. But when I press the info button I'm told I'm watching Peter Crouch Travel Fan. And when I try to record Napoli v Liverpool it won't, because it thinks the game hasn't started and I'm watching the Peter Crouch programme (which finished just before the Napoli v Liverpool game). Bizarre, and annoying.

Grumble 2: I know this is a bit niche ... but if I watch any BT Sport programme on the Apple TV app, and I happen to be wearing Air Pod Max, whenever I touch the volume, the app crashes and exits.

BT Sport is flag ship stuff for BT TV? These are small niggles, but id does rather spoil things. Oh, and a final niggle - earlier this evening I got a helpful text from BT advising me that the BT TV app won't work for watching live TV (i.e Sport) when IOS16 gets released. 

A bit more effort all round wouldn't go amiss.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Sport - A couple of grumbles

I was about to contact BT today with issue #1 to see if it was just an issue with my box as this has been happening for years. I mainly record the sports channels and it happens often - it's something you may expect to see when there has been a late change of TV schedule due to live sport time changes, but it happens when there are no such changes (ie set slots when football/rugby games are usually broadcast. How the 'info' can be so wrong is baffling - sometimes it still thinks the previous programme is still on well over an hour after it finished, so the scheduled either starts very late or never starts at all. I haven't had a look yet but this must have been flagged up here previously - I've had BT TV for around 6 years and it's been happening for most if not all that time.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Seeing issue #1 regularly here too

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I have raised the issue  (#1) several times but there appears to be little enthusiasm to investigate why each individual occurrence of this occurs. 
Now with the apparent introduction of Accurate Recording on the BT Sport and selected other IP delivered (Freeview channels) issues with the current broadcast channel data will have more impact on the customer experience.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

As this issue is still happening (as of yesterday), what is the 'apparent introduction of Accurate Recording on the BT Sport and selected other IP delivered (Freeview channels) ' please?  

You mention it will have an impact but without knowing what this is I have no idea if it'll be a positive or nagative one. Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Accurate Recording is a move away from relying on the EPG to start and end recordings. Instead, 'reliable' data that accurately reflects the time a programme actually starts / ends is used. This is already supposed to be in place for the BT Sports channels. Ironic really, as if last night the box did use the EPG, there wouldn't have been a problem.

My guess - bearing in mind that at 9pm last night the problem resolved itself (an hour after the game started), is that the 'accurate' data was 1 hour out. Possibly because someone at BT didn't take account of the 1 hour time difference between Italy and UK. Just speculation on my part. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Thanks for the info. I've seen this issue happen frequently with domestic rugby games where the programme starts the same time every week, so it doesn't make much sense why this would happen when nothing in the schedule would seem to have changed to explain the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I've raised #2 with the dev team.
The issue on iOS 16 is because Apple broke something in their update that was crucial to our security. We've had to implement an emergency workaround, but Apple take a few days to approve updates to the app. Thus the warning.
Message 9 of 11

DarenDev don’t tell me you’re bored of sitting by the pool with your pina colada already 😎

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Haha. Sea day today, so thought I'd see what was happening on here. Don't worry though - cocktail is still in hand.