cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport IPC6023

Like so many people on this forum I am having the IPC6023 error when trying to watch BT Sport.  It is ok for 5 minutes then the error comes up.  I have tried restarting both the router and box but to no avail.  I have read so many posts about this but no fix.  What is the solution?  If this is not resolved I will be cancelling my subscription and going elsewhere.  What is the point of paying for a channel I can only watch for 5 minutes.  All other wifi in the house is fine and I can watch BT Sport on my phone so the fault lies with the BT Vision Box.  

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
SpiderPig
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport IPC6023

Hi @Catherineash,

Welcome to the Community.

The IPC6023 error message normally means that your broadband is not getting to the STB or the connection to the STB is too slow.

Before we jump to the STB being at fault have you checked the ethernet cable or powerline adapters that are used to connect your BTTV box to your hub?

Sometimes the powerline adapters can become unliked and just need to be linked back up again.

SP

Message 3 of 8

Our bt vision box is set up remotely from hubb. The hubb is in office and too far to try connecting Ethernet cables. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

What is STB? 

0 Ratings
Longshanks0511
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Set Top Box (i.e. BT You View / BTTV box)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Can we have a new stb then as clearly not up to scratch. Wifi strong everywhere else throughout house in other devices and able to view by sport on my phone. Not good enough that we are paying a monthly subscription for something we can’t see on tv. Live sport not quite the same on a small phone she hardly the point !

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

@Catherineash 

So just how is the BT Youview box connected to the HomeHub if it's not by ethernet cable?

Which HomeHub do you have?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
SpiderPig
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

@Catherineash 

Sorry, I should have said set-top box sorry for the confusion. 

This is a customer to customer Community so we are all customers like yourself so we can't arrange for new equipment to get sent out this can only be done by one of the MOD's.

The only thing is the MOD's don't get involved in all threads and are unlikely to jump onto this thread until basic troubleshooting has been completed. Good chance that you will be able to get this sorted with some simple troubleshooting 🙂 

SP

0 Ratings