cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport Ultimate - Errors BTP-11169 and BTP-11162

Go to solution

Hi - since changing my BT TV package I'm no longer able to access either of the BT Sport Ultimate channels despite it being mentioned as part of the VIP package. The error messages (as per below) I'm seeing are slightly different on each channel but don't seem to make any sense in relation to these two channels.

I've tried all the obvious steps - restarting the BT TV box, restarting the router, performing a system reset on the BT TV box and nothing seems to be getting the channels restored.

Anyone got any tips from previous experiences? Obviously happen to PM any BT staff members who can help. Cheers!

BT Sport Ultimate (ch. 433)

Sorry - there's been a problem.

We can't recommend you a TV package right now. This may be because this channel is no longer sold.

Search the TV guide to find a NOW equivalent or go to www.bt.com/all-new-tv to browse your options.

BTP-11169

BT Sport Ultimate HDR (ch. 465)

Sorry - there's been a problem.

This channel is no longer available.

To find out more about our TV packages, visit https://www.bt.com/Personalised-tv-deals or call us on 0800 800 150

BTP-11162

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport Ultimate - Errors BTP-11169 and BTP-11162

Go to solution

Hi @brizzlechris

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the error messages you've seen when trying to access BT Sport Ultimate (Both HDR & SDR).

Have you spoken with my colleagues about this and is all sorted out now?  You can reach the guys on 0330 1234 150.  Let me know how you got on.  If you still need a hand, we'll be happy to pick up from here if needs be.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @RobbieMac - thanks for the response.

Just got off the call with a couple of your colleagues over the past 45 minutes or so and unfortunately I've not been able to get this resolved.

The final person I spoke to said that it would only be available if I was connected via FTTP rather than my current FTTC connection but this seems a bit confusing as I had the channels very recently on the very same connection... any suggestions on next steps? Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @brizzlechris, sorry that you couldn't get this resolved when you called in.

What Broadband speed are you receiving? 
Do you know what the minimum speed guaranteed of your connection was?

Cheers 

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 - a test on speedtest.btwholesale.com is showing a download speed of 72.70Mbps.

Here's a screenshot of what Broadband Availability Checker shows as available from my cabinet:2022-11-18 19_42_33-BT Broadband.png

My broadband within "My BT" shows that "Your minimum guaranteed download speed will be 55 Mbps"

Hope that helps!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @brizzlechris, thanks for that info. It's not a speed issue then. I'll send you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to look into this further with you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @brizzlechris,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me this evening.

I have updated your account so you can get BT Sport Ultimate.

It's good to see that the channels are both working for you now too.

Take care and have a great weekend.

DanielS

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks Daniel!