cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

BT Sport Ultimate

I have the Entertainment Extra TV package, BT Sport in HD and a UHD YouView Box. 

When I try to access the BT Sport Ultimate Channel it is blocked, saying I need to upgrade my TV package? When I placed the order, it stated it would include BT Sport in UHD. 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Sport Ultimate

hi @harrison364 

In a previous thread November 2019 I believe you were contacted via PM via one of the moderators. Is this a continuation of the same issues, ?

thread in question was this one last added tho on 29Nov.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/BT-Ultimate-via-the-App/m-p/1986982#M215...

In that thread there seemed to  indications that your broadband speed was below the minimum for the BT Sport Ultimate  Channel on the BT 4K Box.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Hi @harrison364, I can see that my colleague @Matt-S looked into this for you before and regrettably your broadband connection isn't fast enough to carry the 4k stream sorry.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Thanks for your replies guys. 

My broadband connection is rated at 30-56mb/s, and I often get well over 50 with a wired connection. I understand my minimum guaranteed speed is 30 however, which is what limits my ability to activate the UHD.

Considering I have all the elements required, and I am already paying for the Entertainment Extra package, would it be possible to have UHD activated to try? With the understanding that the quality/availability can't be guaranteed. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi @harrison364 I understand your position but there is no override facility. The minimum line speed is not suitable for UHD and it cannot currently be ordered with any exceptions on quality etc.

thanks
John

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

@harrison364wrote:

...and I am already paying for the Entertainment Extra package...

I feel your pain, I'm in the same boat line speed wise, but I also have both an Apple TV 4K and an Xbox One S and I watch BT Sport Ultimate through the BT Sport app on either one them because it doesn't have the same speed restriction as the YouView box channel.

Could you utilise a similar device to get the 4K stream (4K HDR on the Xbox)?

You will find more info here (scroll down and click on "How do I watch BT Sport Ultimate"): https://www.bt.com/sport/bt-sport-ultimate/ 

If you don't have any of those devices, a Chromecast Ultra can often be picked up for less than £50 during sales. Appreciate it is extra expense though.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

I’m on the edge for BT Sport Ultimate via the 4K BT TV box.  I tuned in tonight for the rugby and was getting bad break up on the Ultimate channel.  Checked my hub stats and it had a sync speed of 41Mbs.  Rebooted and got back to 46MBs which seems to be the minimum I can get away with without picture breakup.  Actual throughput is around 37.5Mbs which seems fine for BT Sport Ultimate on the BT TV 4k box.  I’ve got Sky Q as well and the UHD on Ultimate blows Sky Sports UHD out the water.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

I've got an Xbox One X with BT Sport on it, but no way of accessing the UHD streams with my current package it seems, which is incredibly frustrating!

Was very happy with BT Broadband and paying for just access to the app, as I was able to watch via my Xbox on my main screen with great FHD quality. I was lured in by some great Black Friday deals to add proper BTTV so went for it as I really wanted access to UHD, but still can't access it on Xbox or BTTV despite doubling my bill! 

Any ideas on getting it via the app on Xbox instead?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Just seen I can upgrade to BT Sport Ultimate via the app for an extra £5 a month, or if you have BT TV 'Upgrade to Entertainment Extra' for BT Sport Ultimate via the app (which I have already, but no access via the app). Is there anyway of getting this enabled?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

0 Ratings