Did you mean: 
Highlighted
minch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

BT Sport blank scree

Go to solution

Hi

My BT sport channels and 399 just display a blank screen, they have previously worked. No error code, no response to factory reset etc. BB speed is 13 down, 2.6 up. Netflix and on demand players all stream in HD. YouView box is connected to TP TD-W9970 router via home ethernet cable, IPTV is not enabled. HH6 not used as its DCHP issues with our home network set up means it constantly disconnects - hence TP router which works perfectly. 

Any help greatfully received, have tried BT troubleshooter to no avail and online help is not available at the moment.

Thanks

Richard

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT Sport blank scree

Go to solution

Welcome again to this user forum.

Try restarting the BT YouView box.

Do any of the other subscription channels work?

IPTV does not need to be enabled, and it can cause problems if it is.

0 Ratings
minch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Keith

You are the font of knowledge on here!

I have restarted the youview box a couple of times to no avail, none of the BT subscription channels work (we only have BT sport), it's now giving the ipc6023 fault code despite 13down and 2.6up speeds and no other streaming going on!

IPTV is not enabled on the TP router. We did a fibre to cabinet upgrade over a week ago, router did normal detection and is set up as VDSL,  all I had to add was the bthomehub@btinternet.com username and bt password and it has been a stable, much quicker connection. So as before any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Bit lost as to what to do next!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

If you had a change of package, then it may an account issue.

Can you please manually set the TP Link profile to the correct VDSL profile, and not use auto detect, as it may not be configured correctly especially the VLAN ID.

VDSL (BT FTTC) Setup instructions

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @minch,

We can take a look into it for you to make sure everything's right on our end. Out of interest, have you tried to get it working with our Home Hub?

To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you. It may take us 1-2 working days before we can get back to you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
minch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Hi DanielS

Sorry for delay, have been away! I might be being a bit stupid but when I click on your user name, then profile the page I get to does not have "Moderation Team Email Address" anywhere on it!

The problem still exists, I'm afraid I don't want to use the HH as it just buggers up our entire home network with its DHCP conflicts. The BT sport problem is unchanged sadly!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @minch as you note it is a while since the moderators invitation was first issued so the original link is probably no longer available . I will ask the moderators to revisit this thread

0 Ratings
minch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @minch

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry you're having problems watching BT Sport.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can get in touch with us and we'll look into this for you.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @minch I called and left a message, sorry I missed you. Thanks for sending in your details.

I am sorry the engineer did not help fix the issue yesterday. I am getting this issue investigated for you, I'll get back in touch as soon as I have more information.

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings