cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgc841
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport not working on Youview+ box (Infinity, tv essential)

I upgraded to BT Infinity last year and this week decided to get TV from BT as well and had a Youview+ box delivered on Wednesday, with the TV Essential pack with BT Sport ordered at the same time (I already had BT sport via the internet and iphone app too)

Everything works fine except BT sport (Netflix, Iplayer, record/pause/rewind all fine). I'm connected direct to my router via ethernet and my speeds average around 35mb. No issues with my aerial or tv or anything like that.

When I turned on the box on Wednesday the BT Sport channels were there and when I selected them it said "Press ok to set up this channel", which I did. It then took me to a white screen saying to subscribe please call 0800 xxx xxxx or visit btsport.com. I did neither as it was late and I thought maybe the box just needs 24 hours to fully set up.

The next night it still didnt work but instead there was now an error message on channel 507 (BTV-251) and said I would need to call BT, which I did. The call centre couldn't resolve the issue at their end and suggested a full reset of the box. I tried this, checked all the software was up to date etc and this time when checking for channel 507 it wasn't there and nor were any of the other BT features.

The call centre arranged for an engineer to come and visit on Monday which I could really do without. Has anyone had similar problems? I've tried resetting everything, including my router but no joy. The call centre confirmed my account is set up fine and I'm subscribed to BT Sport ok.

I did another reset and the BT features are now showing again but channel 507 still has the white screen saying I need to subscribe.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
CMA
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport not working on Youview+ box (Infinity, tv essential)

Hi

IIRC going into the BT Player (press BT Player button on remote) then exiting again will activate the IP channels.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
sgc841
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply - I've tried that and it still doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
softsorter
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Hi SGC

see my post of yesterday, I just got BT TV and my issues are identicle to yours, I went through all the codes coming up on screen and press ok to setup, I finally got the channels to appear after being on the phone to India for over 4hrs in 2 calls, but its not watchable yet black screen and glitching.

Have a look here, and if you read the forum there are lots in the same boat

my post https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/BT-Youview-Issue-Mod-Help/td-p/1440634

0 Ratings
sgc841
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

What is an engineer going to come and do that I can't try myself?

0 Ratings
sgc841
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Well that was a waste of my time and a waste of the engineers time. He was baffled why the call centre operative had arranged an engineers visit.

He ran some tests and of course everything was fine. After resetting the box he rang through to BT and this time the operative said I didn't have a subscription to BT Sport. He activated it and said it'd be ok in 3-4 days.

Fine - but why send an engineer for something that was obviously a subscription issue? Even I was doubtful and engineer could fix this. I orderded BT Sport with my TV Essential pack but clearly something hadn't linked up. I don't understand why the first operative couldn't have seen this though? I phoned the number on channel 507 and explained the problem but the operative said "No your subscription is set up fine".

That's a half day's holiday from work completely wasted and another 4 days of no BT Sport on my TV. 

0 Ratings