Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MrMaDavis
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

BT Sport on YouView Issue?

In Short, have many other people here got an issue with bt sport on youview ie not being able to watch it ,being asked to subscribe and now not even having the channels appear in my guide ( after following instructions from an advisor )

In Long (Sorry for the forthcoming rant)

After receiving my new youview box on Thursday and setting it up, bt sport was in the TV guide but on selecting it it would ask me to set up the channel then bring me to a page telling me how to subscribe. So having been told it may not all work until Thursday midnight I left it until Friday evening before I phoned for support. After one 20 Min phone call then another 1h 25min! phone call most of which was spent in a queue or on hold I was finally given the number to another department to phone this morning as it may be an activation issue. So this morning at 9am I phoned this number and after a 14min queue I got through to somebody who after putting me on hold for 5 mins told me he could not help me and gave me another number to phone which I believe was Broadband technical support. So I phoned this number and after being in a queue for 16 mins I finally got through to a nice girl who after a 4 min conversation put me on hold while she spoke to someone. After 4 mins of being on hold without any warning I was dumped out of being on hold back into the queuing system again! Here I stayed listening to the "We are very Sorry bla bla bla" for a further 36 minis before finally another lady answered,who after I explained my frustrating morning agreed not to put me on hold. We proceeded to do the normal trouble shooting things like rebooting modems, homehubs and youview boxes checking settings and multiple reboots and after all this I ended up with a youview box that where before I could see the sports channels in the guide but not access them to not being able to see them in the list at all! Finally after speaking with her for over 40 mins she informs me that this is a "known issue" and there is a team working on it. Asking how long this may take I was told unconvincingly 48 hr. Why after 3 and a half hours of being on the phone speaking to 6 different people from 2 different countries does somebody only just realise it is a known issue!?

Can somebody else confirm this is a "known issue" as I am wondering was I just being fobbed off for another day?

I feel a little better now that is off my chest lol

Mark

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Sport on YouView Issue?

Just a suggestion but try the updating software option and see if that at least brings the channels back to the EPG

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
MrMaDavis
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Yeah that was one of the first things i tried after getting off the phone to support but to no avail. At least I can access it on the pc which is attached to the TV so I still get to watch the Liverpool game :-)

Mark

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 16

I'll see if I can find out if this is a known issue or of you are being fed a line.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
fatman_stu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

ive lost the channels as well. however i cant get bt sport through the app either so nothing for me. ive lost the will to live talking to bt.
0 Ratings
fatman_stu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

ive also done a software update
0 Ratings
davep123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Hi 

I have a very similar problem. Received YouView box on Wednesday, BTSport etc. appeared in the EPG on Thursday, but I still cannot access it. Attempting to do so results in a message to go to the website or phone a number.

I found a button on the BT sport website to add Sport to YouView. I don't think I should have needed to press this as I had ordered BT Sport with the YouView box, but did anyway. I then received an email that they would confirm the order within 5 days, but I don't see why it should take any time at all?

If you have any further developments please let me know!

Dave

0 Ratings
Seed101
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Seems lots of people are being mis-subscribed to the 'online/app' version only and not subscribed to BT Sports on Youview.

Apparently they have 'two systems' and this seems to be causing some confusion for them...

I've been phoning them for three weeks and have just been sent a new Youview box to try and rectify the matter !?!?!

Surely it's simply a case of BT activating the right service for Youview/Infinty?

Is anyone getting BTV-337 error as I am?

0 Ratings
plumski
Message 9 of 16

Hi all,the youview box settings should have an isp configuaration of 56,go into settings&see what it has under device management,you may need to hard reset the box,this is done by switching it off at the back of the box(main on-off switch)turn it back on then light in middle will go orange(standby)so now u press same button as it goes blue press the button to the left of it,it will be the minus volume button,right so now u should see on your screen shortly a reboot screen for the digibox,u will need to use the buttons to the right to select 4th option down of 5 options available,highlight 4th option&press ok button which is the power button(blue button) on the box-not remote button!
So now itl re-boot and u go through the various set ups again just as if u were first usin it from new,,one thing to note,where it says enter ur postcode(dont)it messes with the configure of the box in the long term..so wgen its all dobe&re-booted go back into ur device settings&see if isp is displayin 56,if it is uve cracked it,now go&get those channels set up(507-508-509.....it should now be ok....
0 Ratings
plumski
Message 10 of 16

Please let me know if it worked for you,im pretty confident it will...sometimes its not bt thats at thought its version of your youview box that prevents u from gainin the bt sport channels,and i think that in most cases it is this problem that users have..
0 Ratings