cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Sports causes DTR-T1000 to lock up

When trying to watch the European matches in the evening the channel appears fine for a couple of minutes, then gradually the picture breaks up until it freezes or the screen goes blank.  Resetting the YouView box appears to sort it, but then the sequence repeats.  It first did this a couple of weeks ago but then started working after several resets.  Tonight it is doing it and I have tried a soft reset of the YouView box, unplugging from the mains and rebooting the Hub all to no avail.  I have had no problem when recording programs from AMC or the WRC on the sports channels.

The wife is not impressed as she is the footie fan!  Is the problem the YouView box (direct connection to Hub), my broadband (Infinity 1 - no apparent problems otherwise) or something else?

Help please!

Edit:

Just went into maintenance mode and tried a software reset.  A slight scare when none of the BT channels appeared, but a system update sorted that.  When it restarted and I went to the Sports channel it was the adverts showing.  Didn't get any pixellation or break up of picture, but  flicked to blank screen a couple of times before permanently going blank and locking up again.

Edit 2:

Rebooted again and have selecting the SD BT Sports which seems to be playing OK at the moment - I don't dare trying the HD channel which was giving the problem before!  Does this give any clues to the cause of the problem?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Sports causes DTR-T1000 to lock up

What's your line speed?
0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Speedtest.net shows 37 Mb down/ 9Mb up when the YouView box is not showing (or attempting to show) an internet channel; 26/9 when it is.

0 Ratings
gogsy58
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Just to let you know I have the same box and the same problem!  Just started today.  I have tried all the usual 'fixes' to no avail.  The non-BT channels work perfectly but as soon as I go to a BT sport channel it pixellates after a couple of minutes before locking up the box.  At my wits end. 

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Thanks gogsy!  You didn't have any problems a couple of weeks ago? 

Is this just coincidence - both our boxes faulty? - or a systemic problem?

Doesn't seem to happen when watching the Saturday matches. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
davepa
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Same box same problem here also , tonight was unwatchable.
0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

I've just tried the HD channels again and they all seem fine Smiley Mad 

It was noticable earlier that responses to any buttons when on the Sports HD channel, even before the picture started breaking up, were very sluggish.  Buttons respond normally now on the HD channels.

Is there anything different in the data when broadcasting live matches which is confusing the box?

Wonder if anyone with the new box has had the problem.

0 Ratings
gogsy58
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Update. I accessed maintenance mode (youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-1370864319647), selected option 4 Internet recovery keep recordings and it seems to have sorted the problem. This was late last night though and haven't had time to properly test things. Looks hopeful.
MrGrumpy
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Same issue for me last night endless boot loops after restarting, gave up and managed to change the channel to anything other than the sports channels. Have come in today from work and found that I have no internet channels at all! Just doing a software update which funnily enough has appeared and they have come back, shall see how the sport goes. I wonder if something went awry and they have put a fix in???

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

@gogsy58 wrote:
Update. I accessed maintenance mode (youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-1370864319647), selected option 4 Internet recovery keep recordings and it seems to have sorted the problem. This was late last night though and haven't had time to properly test things. Looks hopeful.

As I mentioned when I tried later when the live footie had finished, there were no problems. 

The proof will be when the football is on again.

0 Ratings