cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy_W
Contributor
Message 11 of 12

Re: BT Sports causes DTR-T1000 to lock up

Last night my T1000 box froze every time I tried to boot it up. I woke up this morning thinking I would have try to get or even buy (gasp!) a new STB from BT. After another forum search I discovered a couple of references to the article on the Youview website, including yours gogsy58. My gob was well and truly smacked to discovered it worked!

My problem didn't arise from watching BT Sport; I was trying to access STV Player, and got a message saying it wasn't available at this time. I usually have to do a soft reset every week or two, so that's what I did next. On booting up I couldn't get past the Youview welcome screen. It always froze at the little row of blue dots.

I tried option 4 Internet recovery, keep recordings first, but that didn't work. I did it again with option 5 Internet Recovery, delete recordings, and that did the trick.

There is another thread that discusses this technique at https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/maintenance-mode-reset/m-p/1224739#M10987

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 12 of 12

Re: BT Sports causes DTR-T1000 to lock up

Well the football last night was fine, no problems at all.  Tonight there are occasional 'glitches', blocking and brief freezes.  Saw the IPC6023 message too.  Looking on recent messages there seems to be an increase in similar complaints.  

How can I tell where the problem is?

Edit:  Box now locked up again.  Eventually came back to life on its own without a reset, but is now freezing and blocking again.  Given up trying to watch the football.

0 Ratings