cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 36

BT TV 3rd Box

Just taken out BT TV on the big sport package. Quite impressed by the main pro box. The multiroom is a little slow though. 

Just wondering if I purchase a multiroom recordable BT box of ebay etc will it work.

Would not be using more than two at a time but sometimes due to disabilities I watch some TV mainly sport in bed which I would have recorded.

Apologies if this as been asked before and thanks for any replies.

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36

Re: BT TV 3rd Box

Two boxes is the max but if you don't need a recording capability in the 3rd room then you can use a Firestick or Roku box in addition to them

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 36

Nice one. Have got a fire stick. Didn't think and I have just looked it's got now and Bt TV apps in the store.

Will work good. Thanks..

Message 4 of 36

Yes - the NowTV app was added just over a year ago, I think, so I bought firesticks for three extra rooms (1 downstairs and 2 bedrooms) when they were on a Black Friday offer. I think the BT TV app lets you watch 2 streams at a time and NowTV 3 (but only if you have the HD boost, otherwise it's just the one). So unless you need the recording facility in a second room, you don't really need multiroom at all any more.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 36

Yes I have set up a new firestick. It all works ok with the exception of being able to pause Sky Sports.

Think I will buy a Pro box or a 4k recordable box off eBay because the Z4 multiroom box they have supplied is so slow and unusable. 

My wife especially likes prime video and the UI navigating through the app is diabolical. 

BT really need to update or stop supplying the Z4 multiroom box it is quite rubbish.

Thanks for the replys on the firestick though.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 36

How did you get on with using a second recordable box? I am thinking about gettting BT TV, but only if I can have two recordable boxes. Obvously I will buy the second box myself.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 36

Yes you can have two recordable boxes connected but the second box will be detected and at some point, unless you subscribe to Extra Box, you will receive a message on screen saying that you have too many boxes connected

Message 8 of 36

Thanks for that. Not sure how to get an extra sub other than paying the £10 multiroom sub that gets you the extra non recordable box. Or is there another way?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 36

"

What do I need to get Extra Box?

• Fibre broadband with speeds of 40Mbps or more
  • An Extra Box subscription
  • Two BT TV Boxes (either the BT TV Box Pro or BT TV Box Mini)  - both connected to your Hub via wi-fi or Ethernet cable"

Can I watch BT TV in more than one room? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 36

Yep, as I thought. Pretty sure it was a fiver at one time if using your own box. Presently with Sky and they only charge me a fiver for the recording facility. Mainly so the wife can record stuff to watch on our bedroom TV. I have Sky HDMI cabled and magic eyed throughout the house. Had thought, now we have FTTP at 150mbps,  I would try to repllicate this with the £6.00 BT TV offer.

Just a thought, if it was possible to control the main BT box in lounge from our bedroom, that would work. The remote is bluetooth controlled, and should have a range of 10 metres or so. Do you think the remote would workfrom a room within that 10 metre range?

0 Ratings