cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 36

Re: BT TV 3rd Box

Even assuming the best operating environment (modern house with partition walls as opposed to old house with solid walls) I would doubt it but how long is a piece of string?

Message 12 of 36

There is only one way to find out... 😁

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 13 of 36

You offering? Haha.

We live in a timber frame house, with just two plasterbaord walls between the two rooms, distance of about 8 metres, so theoretically it should be possible.

Message 14 of 36

This might work for you.

Hdmi switch receives signal from bt box. Output to two tvs via hdmi switch. One tv is in your bedroom. Blutooth controls bttv box in main room for bedroom. Test with a blutooth phone to see if it goes through your all. Mine goes through 1 brick wall and a few feet either side

If needed Use hdmi to microhdmi cable to go through the wall. A micro to standard hdmi converter once through the wall.

Message 15 of 36

That is my present setup with Sky. Use a quatro LNB and distribution box in loft to TV point in all rooms via HDMIcables, switches and splitters. Magic eyes control the two Sky boxes we use in main rooms using TVLink T140 and SPC4. Fitted it all years ago. 

I do not yet have BT TV, so not sure how i am able to test it. Could you expand on the mobile phone part?

Edit. I can control a bluetooth speaker with my mobile phone over bluetooth between the two rooms, not perfect, but just possible it might work.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 36

Your edit was what I was thinking. I find the bttv blutooth to be a high version and so perhaps had a good range. If your mobile phone is elderly then it will be an earlier Bluetooth version with more limited range

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 36

You also have a14 day trial to test it. Return before then and you are released from contract

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 36

Yep. I have an iPhone XR, but the bluetooth speaker is ancient, probably 10 plus years old, so early version.

So what sort of distance would you reckon you are between the remote and the BT box when in different rooms?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 36

@wellfan 

Out of curiosity I just tried bluetooth control. Getting as far away as possible upstairs from the Pro Box downstairs, bluetooth worked fine. That's in a '70s semi with solid internal walls. Of course that's no guarantee but looks encouraging for you.

Message 20 of 36

Brilliant, thanks for doing that. Looks like I will be proceeding.
Thanks to everyone who responded and offered their help, much appreciated.
0 Ratings