cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 36

Re: BT TV 3rd Box

Just an update. BT TV Pro box arrived today, and the bluetooth remote does indeed work from the bedroom Thnaks agian for all the input.

Unfortunately the remote does not work on TV for on/off, volume sort of works.

Also, despite the advertised four x recording facility, it will only record 2 x programmes at the same time, and one has to be one you are watching, or watch a recorded programme. I am using internet for TV, so not sure if that is the issue. perhaps with an aerial i could possibly record the four. No big deal, just occasionally we have recorded three programmes, all on at same time, on different channels, possible with two Sky boxes.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 36

If you have HDMI CEC on your TV then turn it on and you should find that when the box starts the TV will turn on too. You'll find the setiing for HDMI CEC in the settings menu of the TV. It may be called all sorts of things. This article will tell you the pseudonyms. https://www.howtogeek.com/207186/how-to-enable-hdmi-cec-on-your-tv-and-why-you-should/

• AOC: E-link
  • Hitachi: HDMI-CEC (Thank you, Hitachi!)
  • LG: SimpLink or SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC)
  • Mitsubishi: NetCommand for HDMI
  • Onkyo: RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI)
  • Panasonic: HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, or VIERA Link
  • Philips: EasyLink
  • Pioneer: Kuro Link
  • Runco International: RuncoLink
  • Samsung: Anynet+
  • Sharp: Aquos Link
  • Sony: BRAVIA Sync
  • Toshiba: CE-Link or Regza Link
  • Vizio: CEC (Thank you, Vizio!)

As you have used the Internet connection then it's limited to 2 tuners ie 2 recordings or 1 and 1 to watch. If you have an aerial you can add that to the coax socket and you will get 4 tuners.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 36

Thanks for reply. Did find the information about 2 tuners on quick web search. My Hisense TV and LG TV HDMI CEC were both turned on for use with other equipment. I can live with it, but the wife will probably leave the TV turned on most nights! Haha.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 36

Further update. All working well, have connected box to router via ethernet. 

Anyway, only issue, apart from lack of TV control function, is, it seems that only one bluetooth remote can be paired to the box. I bought another remote to keep in bedroom. But only one remote will work, pairing a second remote gives it the only access to the box, so need to use the remote in both rooms.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 36

I think you'll have to walk it from one room to another!

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 36

That is what I am doing. Had hoped someone might have an idea how to get two remotes paired and working to save me having to do this. No big deal, just thought I would ask. On nights when too many beers have been consumed I might forget, and don't want the inconvenience of having to get back up again. First world problems. Haha.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 36

Maybe a bit OTT but a Broadlink device would do the job from your phone. Or if you can find one cheap used (as they're discontinued), a Logitech Harmony Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 36

Google search seems to indicate that it is impossible to link two bluetooth remotes. Virgin TV forum and Samsung forums have loads of similar queries Folks in the know say it is something to do with bluetooth protocols. 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 36

This is weird so if i want 4x boxes in my house i can not use bt….. why cant i just have 2x pros and 2x minis. Only 2 really used at one time… so when you pay for multiroom/extra box, whats to stop them stopping you plugging in a 3rd box and using it…. Anyone tried?

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 36

@MadJim 

I believe the extra boxes will work, but as if you didn’t have BT TV.

0 Ratings