cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT TV APP EXTRA

Hi All, 

Firstly is BT TV App Extra still a thing? I'm confused with the app on Apple TV, is it out of date? Have BT failed to update the information contained within the app? Or am I missing something?

This Screenshot is from my Apple TV

20220404_154113.jpg

This Screenshot is a BT screenshot within the app, you see this when you are about to download the app.

20220404_154138.jpg

So yes it's out of date as not all of these channels available but this screenshot is on Apple TV app store today!

You can see on the top line of the menu it says TV channels, but on photo one above it says Live TV, this is just BT channels only, so AMC & sport.

Next, here is the help screenshot 

20220404_154234.jpg

It says to watch live TV you need BT TV APP EXTRA!!??

So, what is going on as you do not get what the app says is available.

BT not updated the app? 

I need to add to my subscription?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV APP EXTRA

Tried to edit this post but unable 🤔
Having dug a bit deeper BT are still advertising the full Apple TV app experience on their website:
https://www.bt.com/help/tv/learn-about-tv/tv-app/apple-tv/watching-programmes/about-my-tv-on-the-bt-...
What is going on here? Is this service available or not and if not why does BT still advertise it?
Surely a company the size of BT can keep their website up to date?
Can someone from the BT team please confirm if I can get this service please - Thanks!

screenshot_20220404_184850.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

BT TV app extra is still in use by some customers on the legacy TV packs. It doesn't work with the NowTV flexi packs. 

To access the NowTV content, you need to download NowTV app. 

BT Sport is accessible through that app. 

I think the only channel available through app extra is AMC is you're on a NowTV pack. 

Unfortunately they can't ditch the BT TV app Extra while there are customers on the legacy packs 

Message 4 of 6

Ah right. Thanks for the information. It does seem a step backwards for new customers.

The more I actually experience using BT from what I've read is available does leave me somewhat aggrieved as it's not clear it's legacy agreements.

I'm regretting ditching Sky if I could get out of the BT contract I'd be gone 😔 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It's horses for courses really. Personally I prefer the flexibility that BT TV gives me and that I don't have to have multiple boxes that all cost extra. I've got a couple of Roku sticks to access any on demand or live content that I want to watch in other rooms, or if I'm out I just use the various apps on my phone.. All at a cheaper price than I could get with Sky or Virgin Media... And if we go away for a few days, I pack a Roku and either tether it to my mobile and jump onto a BT WiFi hotspot if there's one nearby... All at no extra cost... It's pretty brilliant really 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@NigelB72 

You're right in horses for courses and flexibility plus youview has some nice features lacking in Sky. My failure is in not appreciating just how much I've lost in quality of picture "lack of HD"

I didn't realise that the main apps all4, itv etc were just SD. I did know I may have to subscribe for ad free but thought HD was also available then!

When you've spent £2K on a TV you want a decent picture......

You live and learn.  BT in fairness said I can reduce my account to £11.00 per month which is fine I'll put BT in one of the bedrooms.

0 Ratings