cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

BT TV App deletes the wrong recordings from the Youview box

The other day I used the app (on iOS) to delete 2 recordings , it deleted 1 of those selected but then mysteriously another recording vanished.

I then did a controlled test and recorded several programmes just to test what was happening. Image 1 shows the recordings list on the box - I deleted FY1 Extra & BBC London News. Image 2 shows them in the app's list and image 3 after I deleted them via the app.

What actually happened was that the first one I swiped to delete was actually deleted but the second wasn't but a later one after that was - that being my series recordings of The Repair Shop. That really annoyed me.

What appears to happen is that the app sends , we'll say, an index number of the one(s) to delete so in my example it's #2 & #3. Then the box actions the first one (correctly) and then actions #3 which now is what was #5 in the original list so deletes the wrong one. Why it didn't delete Blankety Blank (wish it had) I really don't know but maybe it's something about a series folder.

Image1.jpgImage2.jpgImage3.jpg

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: BT TV App deletes the wrong recordings from the Youview box

Hi @TimCurtis, thanks for highlighting this issue. Could I ask you to uninstall and install the BT TV app again and test a few deletions again? 

Also what BT TV box do you have?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

@JohnC2 

Hi John

This problem was with a T4000 but I won't be doing any more testing on it as I won't risk any further deletions.

What I'm doing is setting up my spare T2100 to record numerous things today & overnight and I've reinstalled the app on my iPad (iOS 14) & will test with that.

I should get back to sometime tomorrow morning with the results.

If that works OK suggesting that the iPad app works OK then I'll pair my iPhone to the T2100 and test with that.

Both boxes are up to date but I've just realised my iPhone is awaiting an update of the app , which I've now done so I might have to try something just in case.

Tim

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

@JohnC2 

Hi John

I set up my spare T2100 and deleted & reinstalled the BT TV app on my iPad. I set a number of recordings last night and this morning deleted recordings 2 & 3 in the app. On the box recording 2 was deleted and so was recording 6.

So that's conclusive to me.

The app version is 4.4.3 and the T2100 is on 32.53.0/3.7.108 so all current versions.

Edit:

Just done a further test deleting the recording 3 first then recording 2 and that works fine. However, the deletion of scheduled recordings exhibits exactly the same error as I've raised for the recordings.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

Hi, @TimCurtis I'd like to ask the BT TV team to look at this so I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

Sent directly to iOS team lead for investigation ...
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

We're really struggling with this one @TimCurtis - multiple developers and testers have all tried, and no-one can reproduce what you're seeing.

Would you be able to record a video of you reproducing this? Sometimes it can be as simple as needing to know the speed and positioning of the swipes to trigger different behaviour.

Also, how long does it take for the app to reflect the true recordings/schedule on the box after the incorrect deletions?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

@DarrenDev 

Tell them to turn on "Confirm Delete" in the settings on the box. Off is the default and it works exactly as it should when it's off, soon as you set it on it goes wrong BUT only when you delete an earlier recording before a later one.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

@DarrenDev 

Ignore some of my previous post please.

When I've tested previously Confirm Delete was ON and the box was in standby mode. I think it maybe that combination that needs to be tested.

When I tested yesterday the box was on and the results were slightly different.

I've set a load more recordings and will try some more testing today if I get the chance.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

A couple of questions to help diagnose this, if you don't mind:

We strongly believe the issue is between the cloud and the box, rather than between the app and the cloud. Could you please pair both your iPhone and the iPad to the same box. Then, after you've reproduced the issue, could you please compare the iPhone, iPad, and set top box. Do they all match with the list of recordings? Or do the iOS devices match each other, but differ from the box?

If you also have an Android device available, it'd also help to try to reproduce there.

Thanks

1. Do you have any Android devices you can check with? Android would
0 Ratings