cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT TV App unable to set record from mobile phone

Go to solution

I have just upgraded to a VIP package with an extra box subscription and elected to carry on using my old box, thereby giving me to recordable boxes. When I paired my mobile phone with the BT Pro box I was able to remotely with my phone set a recording. However the next time after switching on my phone when I select Recording List I get the message "It's Time to Upgrade" referring me to upgrade the TV Box Pro. When I do the box advises I have the latest version. I have confirmed with the helpdesk that the box does indeed have the latest version. The same thing happens using an alternative phone i.e works until the phone is switch off and back on again, same message appears. I have now tried this on 3 separate phones (all Android) they all record at first but no longer after the phone has been switched off and later back on again.   They are all able to set up recordings on the old BT TV Box.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT TV App unable to set record from mobile phone

Go to solution

Have you tried uninstalling the BT TV Android app on your phone and then reinstalling.

Also have you on your original box going into  Settings , Mobile Devices and tried disconnecting the mobiles on the box.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for replying. Yes I have tried uninstalling and re installing the phone app. As for the original Box I unpaired it within the BT TV mobile App before successfully pairing with the BT Pro Box. Same with the other 2 phones. Very strange as they work within the App correctly at first but even after uninstalling and re installing they do not work again. Oh and I have carried out a Factory reset on the Pro Box.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Could anyone tell me what the latest software/firmware should the Pro Box be on please.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@Ians  Currently  the latest  software on general release is Manufacturer software: 0.5.116 , Component software: 4.0.194 which is a phased upgrade  from the previous release Manufacturer software: 0.5.110
Component software: 4.0.158 so potential your box could be either.

Latest box versions - YouView Support

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

My Component Software is 4.0.194, not sire about Manufacturers but I guess I have the latest. Thanks Zulu17

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

There have been other threads on this too. Something is glitching with the Pro box, but we've yet to find the cause.

If you're using an Android device and this is still occurring, I'd really appreciate if you could send me a DM or email me at tv.apps@bt.com so that I can provide instructions on how to provide more logs for this issue. I won't be back at my desk until later this evening, and would really appreciate if you could hold off doing anything further until you've been able to provide me the logs.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Just upgraded to Bt pro box and have the same issue.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Problem seems to be sorted, just checked iPhone and iPad and recordings etc now on view within the app

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @warrior - a patch was made to the cloud this morning that has now fixed it.

0 Ratings