cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT TV Box Pro + Alexa

Was sure I read something about Alexa now being able to control the box, but cant find it.

I am looking at switching from google minis to, Echo Dots and fire cubes, and this would seal the deal.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT TV Box Pro + Alexa

Whilst the Alexa integration is available on the older YouView boxes, it's not currently available on the BT TV Pro Box. It's hoped to be added "soon" - I've just sent a message to the Product Owner to ask for a progress update.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

The response is as follows:
"We're in conversation with Amazon on rolling out the Alexa capability to more BT TV boxes in future".
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

The Alexa integration on the older Youview boxes is/was limited to  being able to doing a voice search  for programmes.

So beneficial for the search function but well short of providing a control mechanism for most of the box operations.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Alexa voice on the older Youview boxes is rubbish and was as said very limited.

They should not have bothered with the Alexa voice on the older Youview boxes.

The Amazon Firesticks and the Amazon Echos have far better Alexa voice.

Youview im my option failed with voice search on the boxes and should not bother.

Darren

Message 6 of 7

i agree alexa on older boxer was just rubbish ,she found or understood what i said about 1% of the time no matter how i asked  

Message 7 of 7

I was using an old TalkTalk you view box with a NowTv subscription but took up the latest BTTV offer as the old box was slow, I just received my Pro box and discovered that my Hitachi TV volume wont work with the  new box neither will the source button, also just found out Alexa wont work either! although my old box was slow it did work as it should! Typical BT, promise the earth and take one step forward and two steps back!
Another issue is that when last months offer cheapest offer was being advertised I am sure it said Sky Cinema was included in the list of channels, turns out its not!

0 Ratings