cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 36

Re: BT TV Box Pro - Connecting via Wi-Fi is not possible

Seems BT have fixed the issue as mine as now connected (wps) to my smarthub 

would be nice if BT actually updated us to say this rather than letting us guess...

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 36

Watching the Man Utd . game tonight on 465 and picture breaking up badly so have returned to ethernet connection so something needs fixing I feel

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 36

It seems to be hit and miss who gets it to work and when - like the smart plubs/monitors etc.

I wonder if WPS bypasses the connection issue?

@pc001wrote:

Seems BT have fixed the issue as mine as now connected (wps) to my smarthub 

would be nice if BT actually updated us to say this rather than letting us guess...

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 36

Just to add a further comment the WI FI on my LG TV works perfectly, although it's on a shelf in a  unit which could  make some difference.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 36

I think there are a few people waiting to hear from BT on this. I too have tried without success, even though I have 100% wi-fi signal with BT HUB2. Why on earth do they release these updates when they don't work?
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 36

I had a call from someone in BT looking into this. They asked for a factory reset on my smart hub 2 and box Pro... Which would have meant be losing all my settings. I declined as I'm not that fussed about having wi-fi working on the box Pro!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 36

I've already done this for BT the other day.

It did not solve the Wi-Fi connection issue.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 36

Well, that's a typical answer from BT, if they don't know what the problem is, reset everything to factory state!
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 36

My reason for wanting to switch to Wifi is that I thought it would be more reliable than my TP Link power line adaptors that I have to reset every now and then.  It sounds like it probably won't be so I won't bother for now.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 36

I'm getting the same problem on my SH2.

On first use it wouldn't connect via WPS and then I tried manually entering the password and same result ie no wi-fi.

I notice when it's searching a button pops up "restart connection" which makes no sense. 

Once when I manually tried to connect to wi-fi the SH2 rebooted (caused by the Pro box or coincidence I don't know) leaving me with no telephone for a few minutes.

Tried putting the SH2 on 5GHz only but it made no difference.

Otherwise, a really nice bit of kit.

0 Ratings