cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT TV Box Pro Remote - Source button not working

Set up BT TV Box Pro & remote… all working fine except for some remote functionality. Source button doesn’t have any effect (although press lights up BT button) Also tv doesn’t switch off with long press of BT button, just switches off box and message displayed stating ‘No channels have been added yet. Please go to the Install and Retune menu to add channels.’ Although all channels are set up & working fine. Pretty minor but means need 2 remotes to switch off tv.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT TV Box Pro Remote - Source button not working

Also the volume not working … basically using the old remote!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

In the 'Settings' (cog) menu ensure that the 'Bluetooth remote' is set to 'TV' and not 'Set Top Box'.

Then, you could try re-pairing the remote: Press the Home and 9 buttons at the same time - hold down the buttons until the LED around the BT icon flashes purple three times.

Otherwise post make/model of your tv as BT may be currently unable to determine that model.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 4 of 11

Thanks for the reply; have had a go at re-pairing now and also played with the settings. Unfortunately still no joy, make and model are Hitachi 48HBT62U H.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

It needs a reply from BT - but it may be that model tv is currently not auto-detecting for the new style box/remote.

Mine works fine with my Panasonic - but I never set anything up as it was all automatic.

@Df2021wrote:

Thanks for the reply; have had a go at re-pairing now and also played with the settings. Unfortunately still no joy, make and model are Hitachi 48HBT62U H.

Message 6 of 11

@ozsat  Thanks, appreciate your help! Just one more question as I’m a bit new to the community, might be a daft one, but will BT respond to this thread or am I best to contact separately?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I've personally found the best way to get a response from BT is by tagging @DarrenDev 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Unfortunately, this isn't something I can offer any further info on. You've already provided the best advice @ozsat - pressing Home and 9 together to force the remote to reset and pair again. If it still doesn't work, unfortunately that would suggest your TV isn't supported. This may improve with future software updates - as the remote is now Bluetooth, it can/will be upgraded with more capabilities.
Message 9 of 11

@Df2021- you may be lucky and find that it is the next update which should be soon - but you may be best to call tv faults to get the tv model listed as not working just in case.

If it is new to their list I would not expect it to be fixed in he next update.

This automatic tv recognision system is not 100% either as it sometimes works out the wrong make/model.

VirginMedia's new 360 box does an auto-recogitiion for the tv and tells you the make it has found.

On my setup the VM box finds both my amp and tv and I can select either to apply on the 360 for sound control. By default the audio operates the amp while the source button links to the tv. So it is happily doing both.

The BT box doesn't tell me what it has found but checking it it operates only the tv for both sound and source. Not really an issue here as the tv sound then controls the amp sound.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I received my Pro box today and, so far, am very happy. I too have remote issues though with my Toshiba TV, purchased in late 2018. I can get volume to work, but also cannot get the source button to work, or a long hold of the BT button to power off my TV. No issues with the previous remote for these functions though.

0 Ratings