cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

BT TV Box Pro Software Update 4.1.22 / 0.7.82

As taken from youview community...

This is a maintenance software release for BT TV Box Pro devices which contains fixes for the below issues:
  • HDMI Display Settings showing "Unsupported Format" after a Factory Reset.
  • Frame Rate Matching causing output to be in 60hz in some circumstances.

I can confirm both are fixed, but with frame matching on, the amazon app causes a HDMI loop and I get a black screen followed by an error from amazon stating there was a HDMI cable problem.

I have therefore disabled frame rate matching. 

Although not a bad platform, some features available on other rival platforms still haven't come to youview or have arrived very late.

• Netflix search integration still broken
  • ItvX still wrong logo (ITV's fault) - took a long time to come and still not fully featured
  • Voice search support still not yet implemented.
  • lack of UHD content, (I exclude on demand players from the likes of netflix etc). Virgin media now has Sky content in all UHD. 
  • Lack of popular streaming apps. (Even Virgin media has now added Disney plus), I appreciate these can take time, but it's not as if Disney+ and Discovery+ have just launched however....
  • IP mode confusion, website actively pushes it as the new thing, yet within forums, its only supposed to be used incase you cant get digital terrestrial via ariel.

So for the year of having it, I have enjoyed it but as my preferences have changed, and some things late or not coming. I have therefore dropped BT TV to the lowest pack to let it run out on the contract and have gone to another platform. 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT TV Box Pro Software Update 4.1.22 / 0.7.82

Mine is awaiting the returns packaging for similar reasons, as a family we were using it less and less. With the increases, it just wasn't worth keeping on.

Message 3 of 13

The lack of UHD content on Sky  isn’t related to YouView, it’s down to the commercial decision by BT to parter with NowTV instead of Sky directly. NowTV only offer HD.

It will be interesting to see as the service migrates to EE TV if they will become a proper competitor, as for me it’s only Sky or BT Tv (and talk talk), as we can’t get virgin.

I’ve just rejoined BT TV after a torrid year with Sky Glass and a very poor customer service experience. I’m currently swapping between BT TV and Apple TV for content and would love to see BT TV grow, it appears to have started after a number of years without investment.

MikeAlanR

Message 4 of 13

Dispite having 'Match Frame Rate' set on and only using the box for BT Sports for a week or so - today the tv was reporting the Box Pro was outputting at 60Hz again.

Turning 'Match Frame Rate' off but it back to 50Hz and back on stayed at 50Hz.

So still not fixed

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 5 of 13

I’m afraid that I am too finding this.

If I change channel from NBC News Now HD (which should be 60Hz) to Sky News HD (which should be 50Hz) then it often seems stays on 60Hz, resulting in a stuttering Ticker. 

My Pro Box is on 4.1.22 / 0.7.82
🙁

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro
Message 6 of 13

I have my box in IP mode with no NOW channels - I'm not aware of using a 60Hz channel at anytime - but even if I had it should have been on 50Hz.

Not a great deal of testing been going on with this box it would seem. So many issue - so few fixes (that work).

@MC22wrote:

I’m afraid that I am too finding this.

If I change channel from NBC News Now HD (which should be 60Hz) to Sky News HD (which should be 50Hz) then it often seems stays on 60Hz, resulting in a stuttering Ticker. 

My Pro Box is on 4.1.22 / 0.7.82
🙁

Message 7 of 13

Watched football on Monday on Ultimate at 50Hz - box switched off itself as it was not being used.

Put box on tonight (Thursday)  - still on Ultimate - now on 60Hz.

Message 8 of 13

Indeed, my Pro Box now seems to always output at 60Hz when the Box comes out of Standby so the ‘Frame Rate Matching’ feature still appears to be broken on my Box.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Can any of you guys test amazon app with frame rate matching on?

When I did it, amazon prime just hung for me. is it doing the same for you?

Message 10 of 13

Prime does appear to be playing programs OK on my Pro Box with Frame Rate matching turned on, it also seems to switch between 50/60Hz where appropriate.

However, navigating around the Prime app on my Pro Box is pretty slow compared to my other devices but it doesn’t hang.

0 Ratings