cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT TV Box Pro WiFi problem

Hi. I received my new TV Box Pro and Smart Hub 2 around six weeks ago and it had been working flawlessly.

Yesterday the WiFi lost connection and despite several attempts, both by WPS and by manually inputting the password, the WiFi will not reconnect.

I have factory reset both devices, which has not made any difference.

All other devices in the house still work perfectly over WiFi, as does the TV Box when connected using powerline adapters.

Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT TV Box Pro WiFi problem

Hi @PAL1, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry that you can't get the Pro Box to reconnect via Wifi. Have a look at Set Up the Pro Box and see if it resolves the issue for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi @JohnC2  and thank you for taking the time to reply.

I tried to go through the set up procedure again. Unfortunately when I turn the box on now it is locked to the last channel that I viewed. None of the buttons on the remote will do a thing, and I have tried changing the remote’s batteries. A short press of the front button on the box also does nothing. A long press will restart the box but it restarts on that last channel, rather than the Home Screen, and again the remote does nothing. I have tried this several times with the box having been disconnected from the mains each time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @PAL1, thanks for trying that, and sorry it hasn't worked. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

Joh

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@PAL1 

Try re-pairing the remote to the box, has solved some other issues reported here.

Message 6 of 8

@TimCurtis 

I hadn’t about this so thank you for bringing it to my attention. Unfortunately it didn’t make any difference but I’m grateful to you for taking the time to suggest it.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@PAL1 

Presumably you have responded to @JohnC2 's private message. Give the lad a day or so and he'll sort you!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Carlusha 

Indeed I did, and that’s good to know. Thanks for the message.

0 Ratings