cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

BT TV Box Pro - can't play back recording

Go to solution

I record BBC TV News and Local TV News every night. It's programmed to do this every night. Never had a problem, it's always worked before. Then last night and tonight I am unable to play back the Local TV News recording.  It doesn't say it failed to record and appears  on "Info" as if 9 minutes have recorded but then on playback it has 00:00 and the play button does nothing, it is just a black screen.

I've reset the box but still can't playback this program. It looks as if it might have been left still recording as it has a red circle in the entry in the Guide, even several hours after the program (but no actual word saying recording on the recorded icon in Recordings). The main news program recorded before it has no problem.

Why would it suddenly fail to playback the same specific program two days running (or fail to properly end the recording if that is what has happened). It seems really odd.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT TV Box Pro - can't play back recording

Go to solution

A few questions

Is this the early evening  6pm onwards or late night 10pm onwards News/ Local News combination ?

Is the SD aerial channel  or the HD ( ip mode) channel being used  for the recording. ?

which area  local news  do you you receive ?

Did the preceding National news programme recording accurately record , ie did it end normally  or appear truncated  was the National weather forecast in that recording ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

@zulu17 

I use the SD aerial channel. The main BBC 10pm News records as normal and playback is normal, and not truncated and has the full national weather forecast. Then the BBC London News follows (as a separate program). For the  last two nights this does not playback (London news recorded as normal before 13th Nov).

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for clarifying @pamelap .

one further question you mention that when you do I (nfo) it says 9 minute . Does that I(nfo) page show the start and end time that is consistent with that duration.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

@zulu17  The info page never displays start and end, it just says the length of time for the recording in text form.  The late London News program  (following main 10pm News) recorded okay last night.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @pamelap 

Interesting maybe differeing displays appear foe aerial feed rercordings to those of IP molde.

I actually have been series rercording the local BBC London News  (post 10pm)  broadcasts but from the IP  multicast channel.

On viewing a recent recording which on my box was  recorded for 7 minutes on i(nfo) , but i also see  BBC ONE LONDON HD, MON 14 NOV, 10:32PM to 10:39PM on the recordings i(nfo) .

Good that your most recent recording seems fine.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@pamelap 

You should see the start & end time next to the channel number at the top of the Info panel.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@rbz5416  @zulu17 

Thanks.  But deleted the non-playback recordings yesterday so can't view info now. Viewed another recording and see the start-end next to channel. Will check this if I get another recording I can't playback.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for your posts and welcome back @pamelap

Sorry for the problems with your recordings.  Definitely a strange issue from what you've reported.  If you have any problems in future feel free to post back on here and we'll help you out 😊

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@RobbieMac  Thanks!

0 Ratings