cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

@Will168 wrote:

Does anyone know if the time can be changed from 12h to 24h format on the BT TV Pro box?

Youview use the 12hr format  with no option to change and BT TV uses Youview for  EPG guide in 12h am/pm format.

not sure what happen to this request from 2015

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/6616162/guide-time-format

Message 42 of 433

I rang BT again today and looks like I have had success. BT are sending out Pro box, lets see what turns up. Had to recontract on the broadband, but get prices the same, So looks like you have to persevere. 

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 433

@zulu17wrote:

@Will168wrote:

Does anyone know if the time can be changed from 12h to 24h format on the BT TV Pro box?

Youview use the 12hr format  with no option to change and BT TV uses Youview for  EPG guide in 12h am/pm format.

not sure what happen to this request from 2015

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/6616162/guide-time-format

@zulu17 OK, I see. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 433

When I try and upgrade to the VIP package it offers me the same regular 4k box I already have. The BT staff tried hard to over ride the system but couldn't so had to give up for now. Why would it offer me another box identical to what I already have?

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 433

I just rung up , went through to upgrades said I want the new box,  he said no problem and I had it within 2 days ,  the guy was good he actually néw what he was talking about,  to be honest most of the time I am much more knowledgeable about tech stuff than the bt staff , I find it's me telling them how something works !!! A guy last time kept telling me amc was on channel 102 , totally clueless some of em , just reading off a script... overall pleased with the new box   , woulda maybe liked a netflix and amazon direct buttons on the remote and maybe a totally new look on the TV guide ect and still slow channel changes , dolby surround and uhd is great , things can only get better let's hope .

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 433

@Deano123   You must have been lucky with the guy you spoke to.. I just tried again to no avail the girl didn’t know the new box was out so I told her it’s been out four weeks now, and no one knew how to get one sent out, so I will have to wait until I get a email saying I can get one , that’s what the girl said anyway. Would be a first as I never get any emails regarding the TV service. Didn’t know about channels closing until I read it on here..

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 433

Not sure what is happening now. Tried calling again today and it was referred to a manager. An order went through this afternoon but I see nothing on the order for the new box , just the package change!

However , they took 9.99 activation fee even though I already have BT TV on a lower package. Surely they only take that if there is a box involved. The order showed closed within 14 minutes of it being placed,  so where is the order for the box?

For those that had to have a manual box order, did the order show in your account or not?

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 433

@jonstatt Yes, I had a normal order show up listing BT TV Pro, with a dispatch date and when it dispatched, the Serial Number and tracking info was added to the order status.

The order did not close until after the box arrived, about 3 working days later (5 calendar days due to a weekend inbetween).

I should add that I did not get charged anything for it and no contract dates changed. It just showed up as a stand alone order.

@Bluemoon1 When I called, I just told the bloke that I wanted to know how to get the new BT TV Pro box. He had not heard of it either at the time (this was about 3 weeks ago). He said he was going to check what it was, put me on hold and when he came back, said it does exist and it was quite new. I said I wanted one and he put me on hold again, came back a few minutes later and said that he's ordered me one and should be with me in a few days. Sure enough, I checked my orders and it was showing. This was a Thursday night and it arrived on the following Tuesday. I think it just depends on who you get. I guess I was lucky.

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 433

@Will168 so they have messed this up then and given me VIP without any box but charged me the delivery for one. I will have to call again.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 433

@jonstatt If it helps...

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 18.15.21.png