cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 141 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

@ozsat @DarrenDev 

I quite agree.

Anyone know if BT are aware of the sound issue, and if so they are planning a fix?

0 Ratings
Message 142 of 433

Is the sound issue just apparent where people have external speakers/a sound bar connected, or also where people are only using a ‘standard’ TV?

0 Ratings
Message 143 of 433

A standard tv only has 2.0 (left and right speaker) anyway so it will be when using a 5.1 amp.

What you should hear is just the left and right channel mix - but the Pro Box seems to be adding stuff to the other channels so you get a pseudo 5.1 effect.

@LB1985wrote:

Is the sound issue just apparent where people have external speakers/a sound bar connected, or also where people are only using a ‘standard’ TV?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 144 of 433

@ledgie Ditto. Replacement due, then order changed to delayed. Plenty of emails and texts telling me to send prev Pro Box back tho. Still waiting for the return kit. Haha.

0 Ratings
Message 145 of 433

@scharter Yeah, I've phoned up a couple of times and they go away for ages to check and then just say it's a stock issue.  My replacement was due on 13/8, still waiting.

0 Ratings
Message 146 of 433

Does anyone know what the "Frame Rate Matching" option does on the Picture and Sounds settings?

As far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything.   For example, I turned it on and played some 24fps content on the Netflix app, and it still output at 50fps with the associated judder.

0 Ratings
Message 147 of 433

I think it is meant to do what you are expecting it to do  -  tried it here and the output is stuck at 50fps.

I only use the box for BT Sport Ultimate because of its lack of automated audio and vidio support - the firmware is not ready for a public release.

It is fixed at either 2.0 or 5.1 sound - and you are stuck at 50fps. 5.1 sounds does NOT simply passthru 2.0 audio as it should if the output is fixed at 5.1.

It should follow the input for both audio and video.

@expectingtoflywrote:

Does anyone know what the "Frame Rate Matching" option does on the Picture and Sounds settings?

As far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything.   For example, I turned it on and played some 24fps content on the Netflix app, and it still output at 50fps with the associated judder.

0 Ratings
Message 148 of 433

@ozsat  Hi ozsat, do you know if a software update is in the pipeline to fix the 2.0/5.1 sound issue?  Constantly switching sound mode is an irritating workaround.

0 Ratings
Message 149 of 433

@scharter   -  @DarrenDev said an update is on the way but not seen any indications if anything will be fixed. Only saw it mentioned that wifi access would be in it.

@scharterwrote:

@ozsat  Hi ozsat, do you know if a software update is in the pipeline to fix the 2.0/5.1 sound issue?  Constantly switching sound mode is an irritating workaround.

0 Ratings
Message 150 of 433

I found an old ticket for the audio issue (outputting 5.1 even on stereo content). It was monitored for 3 months during trial, but marked as not reproducible and closed. It may be that another ticket was created, and I can't find it.

I've emailed the project manager to ask if it's a known issue. I'll let you know what he says.

Regarding the frame rate matching feature, it doesn't apply to Netflix content - they specifically requested that we didn't apply it to their app.  I don't have a definition of which apps do currently support/use it.

Regarding remote control updates to add support for other TVs - I've asked if there's a plan that I can post details of here.