cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 161 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

I complained about this a long time ago. This box outputs everything as a 5.1 DD+ signal when in surround mode even when the input is stereo. What makes it worse is that the old T4000 box could do this all without issue i.e output Stereo, DD, DD+ or Atmos depending on the input when set to surround so this new box is actually a large step back in sound (the frame rate is annoying not working but at least that is no different to the T4000). I do use my amp to create a pseudo surround sound on stereo inputs but that is a dedicated £500 amp and makes a lot better job then a stb box trying to do all things.

Message 162 of 433

This box has been in development and testing for over 2 years, and trialled with many hundreds of real customers in every combination of setup that we could find. You have to realise however that there are many thousands of consumer devices out there that it could be connected to - not everyone one of them can be tested by us.
Audio quality is also a very subjective matter.

I've raised your concerns. That's all I can do.

Now I'd appreciate some feedback from you please: as customers, would you have preferred to know what I've told you? Or would you have preferred to not get an official response from BT on this? Whilst trying to be helpful, I appear to infuriate people when I provide real answers. I'm questioning whether I'd be better off only providing answers when they're positive.
0 Ratings
Message 163 of 433

Further to the above, I'm going to put through an official request for this to be investigated.  For this to happen, I need brief but descriptive statements of what equipment you're using and what the issue is.

Could you please either reply here, or send me a DM with something along the lines of:

"when connect to my Denon X123 receiver watching QVC, the audio is distorted because I hear the presenter's voice in my rear channels"

I will then collate all answers together and pass them onto the relevant team.  I'm going to need as many different customer responses as possible in order for this to be taken seriously.

Message 164 of 433

When connected to my Yamaha HTR-2071 receiver (in STRAIGHT (pass-thru) mode) watching a 2.0 source on a 'BT Sport 2' programme, the audio is distorted because I hear the presenter's voice in my rear channels.

The Box Pro is connected directly to the amp using HDMI.

@DarrenDevwrote:

Further to the above, I'm going to put through an official request for this to be investigated.  For this to happen, I need brief but descriptive statements of what equipment you're using and what the issue is.

Could you please either reply here, or send me a DM with something along the lines of:

"when connect to my Denon X123 receiver watching QVC, the audio is distorted because I hear the presenter's voice in my rear channels"

I will then collate all answers together and pass them onto the relevant team.  I'm going to need as many different customer responses as possible in order for this to be taken seriously.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 165 of 433

@DarrenDev  I for one really appreciate the feedback. I just think when you tell people the box is actually not capable of doing audio as well as the T4000 box and no one has it as a priority to do, you will get negative response but these are not aimed at you or the honest answer to the issue. 
On the other hand if these issues are not highlighted by people letting  ‘BT’ know then they will never consider them as a priority. So for everyone’s sake please keep taking customers responses and feeding them back and updating us (even when negative) but please don’t take it as negative to you.

I won’t add my details as I did that a year and a half ago on the report I detailed earlier in this chain 🙂

Message 166 of 433

Thanks @scointer
Whilst you may have already raised it as an issue, it really would be great if you could repeat it in a brief statement, so that I can aggregate and report. At the moment it's seen as "one or two users from many thousands who have the box", so isn't going to get any attention.
0 Ratings
Message 167 of 433

Very similar to ozsat.

Connected with HDMI to a Denon AVR-X1200W with Dolby Atmos setup and the channels that are Stereo (BBC1/Sky channels) is being output as 5.1 to the amp which mixed by the box puts the voice in the surround speakers.

FCFC3BA6-FB04-49AE-8CC7-8B4B8FD9F787.jpeg

9E031F2D-96AB-4B0B-9A8A-D2FC572A6EB3.jpeg

The T4000 shows DD 2.0 and DD 5.1 as well as DD+ as the input (signal) on the amp when set to surround and all works fine.

0 Ratings
Message 168 of 433

@DarrenDev Hi Darren.   Firstly can I apologise if you feel replies, including mine,  to your feedback is directly pointed directly at you. It is not. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Sometimes people feel frustrated at the answers you give, as it is not the positive response they and me, were hoping to hear (e.g. Fault logged, will be fixed on software release  v.xx.xxx.xxx). Without your kind posts/replies we would be completely in the dark, which would perhaps result in a lot of 'bad press' for BT.  You provide a valuable service and a useful conduit into BT tech support. 

So..... Re:sound issue 2.0/5.1.  

BT Pro Box connected to LG Soundbar LG SL8YG, I have also tried connecting to Sony TV  KD49XG7093 via passthro port back to soundbar. Little difference. All connected via high-speed HDMI.    Watching any channel (Freeview/app/BT Sport channels) that is not anything but 5.1 results in sound, particularly presenter's voice or dialogue  in my flooding my rear channels and woofer.

Very much appreciate you collating these specifics, to provide, hopefully, useful input to the diagnosis.

0 Ratings
Message 169 of 433

LOL - thanks guys. I didn't mean to come across as over-sensitive on this. I know none of you are blaming me personally, and I've taken a LOT of abuse from customers over the last few years, so I'm mostly used to it.
I was more interested from a customer satisfaction perspective - did you feel happier before, when you didn't know whether it would be fixed? I'm beginning to think it's sometimes better to leave people with some glimmer of hope, rather than dash it completely.
0 Ratings
Message 170 of 433

@DarrenDev- It is good to get some feedback that at least the issue will be raised again.  You are unusual in that you are in the customer forums as a BT person and actually talking to the customers.

I'm happy to 'phone in and raise a fault - but I know I'll be sent another box with the same issue.

Keep up the good work 🙂

@DarrenDevwrote:
LOL - thanks guys. I didn't mean to come across as over-sensitive on this. I know none of you are blaming me personally, and I've taken a LOT of abuse from customers over the last few years, so I'm mostly used to it.
I was more interested from a customer satisfaction perspective - did you feel happier before, when you didn't know whether it would be fixed? I'm beginning to think it's sometimes better to leave people with some glimmer of hope, rather than dash it completely.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings