cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 331 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

I agree with the Internet freeview channel portals not working properly.

Also waiting to see what happens with Forces TV after coms7 shuts at the end of this month...

0 Ratings
Message 332 of 433

I don't think the internet channels have ever worked on any BT box - some good stuff of those.

Will be a shame to see Forces removed.

@Weerab1983wrote:

I agree with the Internet freeview channel portals not working properly.

Also waiting to see what happens with Forces TV after coms7 shuts at the end of this month...

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 333 of 433

I never use tv boxes for apps. You get a much better experience with any of the 3rd party streaming devices out there (Roku etc).
0 Ratings
Message 334 of 433

The Freeview supplied services for  VisionTV  and ChannelBox - I don't think are on Roku, etc.

You have to use the app which downloads on non-BT boxes.

@why_oh_whywrote:
I never use tv boxes for apps. You get a much better experience with any of the 3rd party streaming devices out there (Roku etc).

Message 335 of 433

My apologies. I'd hit the reply button on the previous page and was referring to the major apps (Prime, Netflix etc...).

0 Ratings
Message 336 of 433

Those apps I would always use other devices. The frame rate switching is not correct for them on the BT Box Pro.

But there are a lot of extra streaming channels via Freeview and an Internet connection - which BT box do not support.

@why_oh_whywrote:

My apologies. I'd hit the reply button on the previous page and was referring to the major apps (Prime, Netflix etc...).

Message 337 of 433

I have tried using the streaming apps on my extra BT tv box but it isn't the fastest box I've used and its a hit or a miss if the ITV hub or UKTV apps work. I did have sky Q mini boxes so perhaps I have spoiled myself. The pro box seems fast though.  

I use firesticks and roku sticks/roku tv so I suppose all my bases are covered with apps.

Perhaps when BT rolls out the IPTV they will include some of the channels that the portals have like Euro news etc.

0 Ratings
Message 338 of 433

Hi, hope someone can help. I have previously mentioned about the issues with 5.1 audio using sonos. Netflix now works in proper 5.1 and plays through all the correct channels. BBC iPlayer however does not but does through my TV built in app. As we have worked out when the pro box delivers below 5.1 it still shows as 5.1 but only plays in 2 channels. Any idea why iPlayer is not supported? Info playing The tourist which has 5.2 confirmed, full sonos 5.1 set up and a pro box. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 339 of 433

Hope this helps.  BBC iPlayer is only available on 2.0 which is really poor but confirmed by BBC and is the same on all platforms.

If it looks as if your tv is outputing iPlayer at 5.1 then it must be doing something pseudo as BBC say they don't do it.

@nickking24wrote:

Hi, hope someone can help. I have previously mentioned about the issues with 5.1 audio using sonos. Netflix now works in proper 5.1 and plays through all the correct channels. BBC iPlayer however does not but does through my TV built in app. As we have worked out when the pro box delivers below 5.1 it still shows as 5.1 but only plays in 2 channels. Any idea why iPlayer is not supported? Info playing The tourist which has 5.2 confirmed, full sonos 5.1 set up and a pro box. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 340 of 433

Does anybody get any Internet speed symtoms where it appears that their BT Box Pro is still streaming even when in standby?

So I find my speedtest using BT's cabinet to hub test is about 28-29Mpbs lower then my usual speed test. So I usually get 52-53Mb but it drops.

A reboot always restores it - but I find now that switching the Box Pro out of standby and then back to standby also restors to expected speed.

0 Ratings