cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 321 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - surround sound issues

The TV itself will switch audio between 2.0 and 5.1 as required - but there is little 5.1 content on Freeview.

The ProBox does 2.0 and 5.1 switch fine on the Freeview channels - but it sets all audio ouptut to be set as 5.1. So 2.0 audio only appears in the left/right channels but it is flagged as 5.1.

I've just run the Netflix 5.1 audio test on the Netflix app on the Box Pro - and 5.1 works on all six independent audio channels.

@Awkward_Lokiwrote:

@ozsat .

It’s when watching those particular programmes the issue arises. Especially when my parents can watch whichever programme is being transmitted on the LG TV and get the surround sound.

The BT Tech-chap experienced all this through his testing. Just a shame he wasn’t able to get his colleague to fully grasp the problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 322 of 433

The Netflix 5.1 audio test is working fine on my Box Pro here. Look for the asset called 'TEST PATTERNS'

It does show that Frame Rate following is not working correctly on the Box Pro  -  @DarrenDev 

@gomezzwrote:

How do we know Netflix are feeding BT a stream that includes the same surround sound audio as is being fed to the TV?

(I get surround sound from BT Sport channels so I know for sure my BT Youview box is capable of processing it correctly)

0 Ratings
Message 323 of 433

@ozsat Netflix specifically asked for the frame rate matching feature to be disabled when their app is being used. No idea why.
0 Ratings
Message 324 of 433

I remember you saying before now - an odd decision.

@DarrenDevwrote:
@ozsatNetflix specifically asked for the frame rate matching feature to be disabled when their app is being used. No idea why.

0 Ratings
Message 325 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

I totally agree with your comments, I have had 4 Pro boxes now and they all have a different bug in them.

The sound is good on the one I have now one can actually here the sound from the TV speakers, but the major problem is the Up/Down channel button  if used on the remote will lockup the box afetr a few channel changes, the only way to fix this is to pull the power anf replug to reset the box, thus loosing a recorded program if it happens while one is being recorded.

I have given up now, I have purchased a different maufacture box and will be removing the BT box from my billing  after 2 years of problems and 4 boxes I have given up with BT.

Good luck to you all.

Message 326 of 433

As an aside, another issue with this box is that it does not seemingly have discreet on/off ir commands which is a nightmare when you manage all your AV equipment with a Harmony or equivalent hub. Seemingly this box can only 'toggle' on/off unless anyone has found a work around?

This and other things that should be 'basics' considered, I won't be renewing my TV contract with BT as the pro box just feels so far behind right now...

0 Ratings
Message 327 of 433

@Welsh1wrote:

As an aside, another issue with this box is that it does not seemingly have discreet on/off ir commands which is a nightmare when you manage all your AV equipment with a Harmony or equivalent hub. Seemingly this box can only 'toggle' on/off unless anyone has found a work around?

I have a Harmony Elite & Hub & have no issues controlling the Pro Box.

0 Ratings
Message 328 of 433

I can control it alright, but as soon as someone switches off the TV manually or uses the BT remote instead of the Elite, or an IR command gets missed everything goes completely out of sync, turning off rather than on etc.

That is what happens when you don't programme discreet on/off ir commands and the reason why pretty much every other manufacturer does. Except BT.

0 Ratings
Message 329 of 433

For sometime Prime sound is out of sync with the sound. The spoken word is delayed and does not match the lips of teh actors. If I revert to live TV there is no problem. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Also is there any plans to make the Streamed channels Vision, Channelbox etc to be viewable instead of a blank screen.

Also will the red button access to other channels become available e.g QVC and Create and Craft use this at the moment.

0 Ratings
Message 330 of 433

@Jonty1964  I get the same with prime video I thought it was my sound bar. Obviously there must be a fault somewhere then. 

0 Ratings