cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

These channels have never worked on any YouView box.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 433

So looks like you have to downgrade your sub to then re upgrade to VIP, that does not make sense. Unless BT have supplier issues. Well at least all the early users will be able to highlight any bugs in the new box.
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 433

Hi just phone them up and ask for one thats what I did but you will be in a new 2 year contract 

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 433

I have phoned them up twice now, but I was advised that the Pro box for VIP customers was not available. So apart from new customers, how are other people getting them. I'm paying BT nearly £200.00 per month. 

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 433

I've been a BTtv/broadband customer for about six years.

A few weeks ago I called and asked about the Box Pro and was told it was only for new VIP customers or those recontracting as VIP customers for another 24 months.

She said you get the Pro Box when switching to VIP and you can downgrade back to the BT Sport only option after a month - as the BT Sport channels are all I actually want.

There was also an online offer for £1 for the first month of the VIP level. The advisor said to do it all online as they were unable to offer for £1 as it was then online exclusive. She waited on the phone to ensure the box appeared on the online upgrade as she could do the box full the full upgrade price if it was not online.

I did the switch pacakge to VIP online and during the selections was a £9.99 delivery charge for a new Box Pro.

It started a new 24 month contract.

At the same time the upgrade increase my guaranteed download speed by over 60% to nearly the expected speeds - and the broadband subscription with discount I already had was honoured for a new 24 months.

@stewarttracey910wrote:

I have phoned them up twice now, but I was advised that the Pro box for VIP customers was not available. So apart from new customers, how are other people getting them. I'm paying BT nearly £200.00 per month. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 36 of 433

Is the pro box worth having yet? the  last I read on the subject it doesn't have Wi-Fi yet because of a worldwide chip shortage. Is that still the case?

Message 37 of 433

The hardware is in the box being sent out, it's just not enabled as they still want to make improvements to it.

Message 38 of 433

@stewarttracey910 I just called and asked and the bloke sent one out...had it a couple of days later. I guess it just depends on who you get on the other end of the phone.

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 433

Does anyone know if the time can be changed from 12h to 24h format on the BT TV Pro box?

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 433

Hi everyone,  I rang to see if I could get the new BT box the first person I spoke to wasn’t much help as she ended up arranging a 4K recordable box which I already have also she arranged a BT tech guy to install it after I told her I didn’t need one, she also changed my inclusive mins on the landline to 700mins from 500.. I rang back a spoke to a different person who didn’t even know there was a new BT box but couldn’t do anything til that order was cancelled. So will try again tomorrow.. 

0 Ratings