Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT TV Box Pro - ending time slip

Go to solution

Hi,

How do I stop the time slip function?

e.g. I've paused a programme for 1 hour, but would now like to skip forward to "now" and go back a few minutes.

The only way I can find to end the time slip is to switch channels, but then I can't go back a few minutes. If I try fast-forwarding, even at x12 it takes ages; and skipping forward 1 minute seems to randomly return me to the start every now and again. I need a 'stop' button, I think.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV Box Pro - ending time slip

Go to solution

You do indeed need a stop button, so the only real option is an IR remote. Either one from a previous gen Humax box or a universal type.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks. So you're saying that the functionality exists on the box itself, but BT have not designed a remote control with the appropriate button?
From what I've been reading the remote control IR functions are the same as on previous BT YouView boxes, so as you say, any of the older remote controls should do what I'd like.

What an odd choice by BT not to provide a button. Given that time slip essentially reduces your remote to 3 buttons, any of the others could serve to provide 'stop'.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Odd indeed, but then this is BT!

With IR commands buttons can have dual function via a long press. I don't know if the same applies to bluetooth but if it does, the stop function could possibly be added as a software update. Say a long press of the pause/play button.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Well checked this on pausing Sky NEWS HD this morning.

You can FF at x30 rather than x12.

The play/pause remote button stops the FF.

The timeline is displayed when using  FF  you can make a judgement as to when to use the play/pause button.  
As you are still on the same channel you  if you have  FF too far you can  rewind or skip back to where you want to be.