cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 192

BT TV Box Pro issue - unresponsive

Hi there, I saw the post the other day and updated the software on my box, which seemed to work and resolve the issue. However, today, my remote / box is completely unresponsive and I wonder if anyone else is having issues. After moving my TV package to BT, in December, there’s not been a month that’s gone by where there aren’t issues! Can someone at BT feed this back, as I’m getting a bit fed up with a sub standard box / service that is always having to be patched / fixed. Thanks

0 Ratings
191 REPLIES 191
Message 2 of 192

Re: BT TV Box Pro issue - unresponsive

Hi @Neilyboy72 and thanks for the post.

Sorry you're having problems with the Pro Box. When you mention unresponsive do you mean the remote isn't working? Are there any lights on the box? Are you seeing any error messages / codes?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 192

I had this last night. Family couldn’t get box on working, led was on, but no response. 

I was out, today the same, no response had to power cycle the pro box. Failed recordings from yesterday as well. 

Box shows up to date, I’ve just read a pinned post saying problems and to reboot, is this the same issue. 

I was looking forward to getting a Pro box, came on here and seems numerous problems, and repeating problems as well. The pro box has been put a while now was hoping the software (if it is that) would be mature now. 

Message 4 of 192

I have been having this issue also.
either the remote doesn't change anything or if you flick through the channels the pro box has a melt down and doesn't select the channel or picks a different one.
in the last month i have had to power down the box on about 3 occasions to reboot as it was stuck either on a channel or not turning on
Message 5 of 192

As you can’t switch it off in a safe way, I don’t think pulling the power cord out, or plug out isn’t the best for it either. There is no option to “shutdown” like a PC for example. You can hear the whine when cutting power, can’t be good for it. 

Message 6 of 192

Box becomes completely unresponsive to the remote, lights are on, on the box, remote connected. From reading some of the other comments below it’s not unique to me. Are there potentially a faulty batch of boxes, faulty remotes. I’ve had nothing but bother with this box since getting it  

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 192

Thanks all for the replies. The first step in trying to resolve this is following the advice at Pro Box Issue .

If that doesn't work then get back to me please.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 192

Did this as requested and once again today, remote became completely unresponsive. I’ve conducted this operation again today and it’s working again, but this is beyond a joke! I’m paying for a service and box that are not fit for purpose and to be fair (appreciate it’s not your fault) I’m getting extremely fed up with this ‘duff’ equipment that’s frankly not fit for purpose! 

Message 9 of 192

My new BT TV box is also not responding. Lost Broadband,Phone and BT TV and Sport. Message on My BT says BT 

are aware of problems in my area (York) and hope to fix them all in 8 days!!! Broadband and phone are back on but

NOT my new Pro Box (installed last week by BT ). Fortunately my new Smart TV is allowing me to watch a match

on the Amazon Prime App which I subscribe to. I can also watch BT Sport on my ipad but I'm paying for Big Sport 

on my BT TV. Guess what? Prices are going up and my bill is due tomorrow. 

Message 10 of 192

Normal service has been resumed. Had to reconnect to my Hub and
glad to say that I have now got BT TV not Talk Talk !