cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 192

Re: BT TV Box Pro issue - unresponsive

Hi there 

So a week later, box has become unresponsive once again. Press remote, nothing happens, however this time it’s allowing me to switch the box off which it wouldn’t before.

This is becoming a real issue for me, there’s not a month gone by that there’s not been something wrong with this box / remote.

I’m paying for a service and kit that’s sub standard.

Having to reboot and unplug the box is not an acceptable solution and I’d like this taken seriously, instead of the same old message, of reboot the box.

Please contact me to speak about this, thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 192

Hi there 

So a week later, box has become unresponsive once again. Press remote, nothing happens, however this time it’s allowing me to switch the box off which it wouldn’t before.

This is becoming a real issue for me, there’s not a month gone by that there’s not been something wrong with this box / remote.

I’m paying for a service and kit that’s sub standard.

Having to reboot and unplug the box is not an acceptable solution and I’d like this taken seriously, instead of the same old message, of reboot the box.

Please contact me to speak about this, thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 192

So once again, after a few weeks, box becomes unresponsive. This is getting ridiculous now, can someone please sort this! As no one responded to my last message.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 192

Looks like I had the same problem....box would not respond, had to
switch off and reboot just to change channels.
Another failed recording next to the recording.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 192

Been having these problems with the Pro box since getting it 9 months ago, only switched to BT as we cannot have a sky dish at the house we moved to. As with the others the box becomes unresponsive, the lights are on but nobody is at home. I have lost count of the power cycles and factory resets I have done to get the box working again.

We have also been getting the 'ghost' failed recordings, but last week it beat everything, the box became unresponsive and after a reboot every recording on the box was showing as failed with 100% free on the hard drive. I did a complete factory reset which I hoped fixed things, but after being away for the weekend, there is one 'ghost' failed to record and three programmes partially recorded.

Come on BT sort out this Pro box or give us some compensation for the poor service.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 192

Totally agree,if it is a rogue batch of Pro Boxes BT should be sending
replacements NOW !
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 192

Is there more than one model in circulation?  Have searched the forum without luck and I have a "Type B" waiting for install this week. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 192

How do you know it’s a type B? 

Good point, is there a way to know what batch, serial, manufactured date that the failed ones are happening on? Maybe post those details and we can compare as well?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 192

The barcode sticker on the underside of the unit says "Type B", manufactured in Tunisia at the end of January (I think!).

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 192

Mine is also type B!
0 Ratings