cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 192

Re: BT TV Box Pro issue - unresponsive

No type B marking on my box, also made in Tunisia. Had this box since last July.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 192

Doesn't bode well then. I have never had a Sagemcom-manufactured hub from bt that worked on ADSL - they didn't talk to the Texas - then later Infineon - chipsets on the DSLAM and would cause the broadband to crawl.

Also, about 15 years ago I had a Sagemcom PVR that would suffer from juddery playback that could only be corrected by rewinding a bit then pressing play. A firmware update that included a driver fix for the hard drive was issued in France (this was when updates were delivered over-the-air on terrestrial tv); I contacted Sagem to enquire about the update for the UK market and was promptly told 'where to go' and hung up on.

I am not brimming with confidence given that I'm going to be running the double gauntlet of a Sagemcom hub and PVR.
Message 23 of 192

Mine is also made in Tunisia!

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 192

Mine is a Type B (Tunisia). Was received new last week. Died after 2 days (blinking power light - not able to get into maintenance mode OR restart by long-holding the power button.)
Engineer coming 13th April to fix/replace. I'll report what happens here tomorrow.

Message 25 of 192

Recordings all there and box responding ...long may it continue.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 192

Box played up again today watching a freeview channel, picture froze then came back pixelated then froze again. Box was laggy and not responding to the remote except turning off and on again which didn't fix the problem so had to do a power cycle. when it restarted all recordings on the box were marked failed to record. This is the second time in a week that this has happened.

Got on the phone to BT and an engineer is coming out on Friday, I will try to get a new box if possible, any more trouble and BT know what they can do with there equipment.

Message 27 of 192

Fingers crossed for you.  Hopefully the engineer had some insight into what's going on

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 192

@Callerab Did he turn up? Any insight? Or just likely that they replaced box?

Message 29 of 192

Sorry, I said I'd follow up...  The box was replaced (with same model - Tunisia/Model B).  The engineer thought the disk might have died but didn't really know (flashing BT power light).  The new box is ok, with the benefit that the NOW TV channels came down after a couple of restarts. (new box came with cellophane on top and sides; I'm sure the original box didn't have all that.)

Message 30 of 192

BT engineer came today and of course the box was working perfectly. Luckily after describing all the problems we have been getting with the box he swapped it with a new one.

Let's hope that this box works better than the last one.

0 Ratings