cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 192

Re: BT TV Box Pro issue - unresponsive

Yesterday evening, on the day that it was first installed my box wouldn't boot after being disconnected from the power.  I heard the hard drive spinning up and the heads doing some work, and gave it 10 minutes of the flashing purple light before disconnecting and reconnecting it again, which did the trick.  I'm thinking these issues are related to the smart hub and that the pro boxes might have an unecessary network dependency (when detected) in their boot procedure, but the hubs aren't dropping the pre-existing session in a timely manner.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 192

I'm thinking these issues are related to the smart hub and that the pro boxes might have an unecessary network dependency

When my Pro box had a forever flashing purple light, the ethernet network connection never woke up (you get lights at the ethernet port when there's a live connection) is your network connection alive when the the purple light is flashing?

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 192

Mine's connected via Wi-Fi (I know... daring!).  If it happens again I think I'm going to quickly connect it via ethernet to see if a 'new' connection satisfies a presumed thirst for connectivity.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 192

Mine is also connected via Wi-Fi, the part that gets me is sky boxes are wifi and have been for years and very very few issues. How hard can it be to get this right?

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 192

Had the Pro Box around 4 days and its had 3 events of being unresponsive.

The Box itself, was brand new and connected via ethernet. It has the latest updates and has had NO failed recordings to date.

However, I have noticed when the box is recording something the box can become unresponsive and stops you entering any new command via the remote other than to turn it off. (Both the remote and the box flash when selecting a button the remote)

Press any button on the remote other than the BT button, which flashes upon selecting any button but nothing happens other than to power off when selecting the BT button itself. After the recording has stopped, and the box has been idol the box then becomes responsive again!

Message 36 of 192

Indulge me, and try to run a manual software update from the menu; I found that mine didn't update itself and it was a day before a config update was available.

It's BT, everything that it produces has to be shonky.

Message 37 of 192

After one day of normal service, a recording I made on Friday evening is there,I watch it and delete it. Several hours later it appears as " failed to record ". Watched TV this afternoon and set a reminder for the Easter from Kings..when the reminder appears I press OK and lose
everything and my TV goes off. After a reboot and 2 or 3 more attempts I am now watching my chosen programme. A new box needed?
0 Ratings
Message 38 of 192

First the good news..no failed recordings! Not so good news,box unresponsive again today,had to switch off and reboot to change channels.
Message 39 of 192

What a nightmare! I’ve got an engineer coming next week to take a look at the box! 

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 192

Did you get any response / resolution from BT? I’ve my my new box for 2 weeks and new one has started doing the same thing. I’m 100% convinced these are software issues, either that or these boxes and simply rubbish. I’m going to contact BT about mine, AGAIN! 

0 Ratings