cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 192

Re: BT TV Box Pro issue - unresponsive

Regarding the box 'type', one of the BT guys I spoke to supposed it may refer to the removal of voice search following Beta.

To me, it seems more likely voice search would have software dependences, but thought I'd throw it in here.

Has anyone found any teardowns of the boxes yet..?

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 192

Have been with BT for 10 months now and am on my second pro box. The first box had all sorts of problems and needed re booting or resetting every few weeks, final straw was when all recordings were marked as failed and unplayable.

Although it was working okay when the the BT engineer called he swapped it for a new box anyway, he did say he has swopped quite a few of the pro boxes because of similar faults. I have heard that some boxes have Type B on the label (both of mine haven't), the engineer didn't know of any difference between the two boxes or at least hasn't been told of any.

The new box is about six weeks old and has needed to be rebooted once due to pixilated picture. The other problem which has started again last week is the 'ghost' failed to record alongside a successful record, this problem has been going on since last November but had stopped for a while until it came back last week, the first time on this box.

With all the problems with the Pro box I can't help think that both the mods and BT have been slow to comment and assure us that these problems are being worked on and fixes will arrive soon.

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 192

Looking at the casing of the box, it seems to have been designed for easy opening, and dare I say it, replacement.  The low-grade plastic in use would also suggest that the outer-casing was intended to be 'disposable' so that the internals can be cheaply re-packaged for unsuspecting customers.

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 192

A new one this morning..."you are not allowed to watch this channel (BBC 1) because your TV does not have sufficient protection!" Switched the box off, unplugged and turned on again..hey presto all is working well and all my recordings are there.
What next,you are not allowed to watch TV because you are over 75 and it is past your bedtime!! Just for the record I still pay my TV licence quarterly by direct!
0 Ratings
Message 55 of 192

Debit
0 Ratings
Message 56 of 192

Having to re-boot my box almost on a weekly basis, really annoying.  I switched to BT as satellite won’t work where I live, but Sky Glass over the internet seems worthy of investigation now.

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 192

It may be 'High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection' which may indication a possible HDMI cable/connection issue. HDCP is something most 4K devices check for and some have issues with.

@Filosopherwrote:
A new one this morning..."you are not allowed to watch this channel (BBC 1) because your TV does not have sufficient protection!" Switched the box off, unplugged and turned on again..hey presto all is working well and all my recordings are there.
What next,you are not allowed to watch TV because you are over 75 and it is past your bedtime!! Just for the record I still pay my TV licence quarterly by direct!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 58 of 192

Must be obvious to a blind man by now that the Pro Box is either sub standard or not fit for purpose. Switch off,unplug ,replace,switch on and all is fine again. Any other item...fridge,cooker,laptop etc would have been recalled and replaced by now. Not to worry all working well so far today....!!
0 Ratings
Message 59 of 192

I agree and have said this numerous times, so why aren’t BT and more importantly the mods picking these complaints up and feeding them back? Maybe we need to take to Twitter ?

Message 60 of 192

My LG OLED had a software update this morning and the Pro Box is now recognised and the TV has quick access
0 Ratings