cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 192

Re: BT TV Box Pro issue - unresponsive

I have just watched a show on the Now app (the latest episode of The Daily Show from Comedy Central) using the the Box Pro and, lo and behold, there was no ‘Green Circle’ permanently on screen. I was able to pause, rewind and fast forward and there was no lingering ‘Green Circle’, it disappeared after a second or two.  It would be really great if it has indeed been fixed as it’s a right royal pain.

However, the Box is still becoming unresponsive on occasion, it did just that yesterday evening. 

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro
0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 72 of 192

Good morning everyone,

Thanks for all the posts.  I am so sorry that you are having issues with your BT TV Box Pro.  I can completely understand your frustration, especially with the lack of response from us here on Community.

We have raised this to our TV technical team and as soon as we get an update from them on the issue we will post back here to let you know how we are going to address this.

Cheers

Sean

Message 73 of 192

Thanks Sean,so far so good today,no problems with channels or recordings. It is almost as if the box just needs time to adapt or needs a bit of fine tuning.
0 Ratings
Message 74 of 192

Hi all and thanks for posting.

Can you just confirm if the light on the box is flashing when the remote is pressed. I know some of you have mentioned it does but just need to clarify that with you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 192

Yes on my first box which suffered from these problems the blue light on the box did flash when a button on the remote was pressed. There was no response from the box from any button press apart from the on/off button.

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 192

The small purple light does flash when the remote is pressed but occasionally it stays on purple even when the TV is on and the purple circle round the on off button is on. The booklet diagram shows that it should be red when recording otherwise off. Just turned it on now and the correct sequence seems to have worked..small light flashes then goes off as the light round the on off button is purple as per the info on page 10 in the booklet.
0 Ratings
Message 77 of 192

I can also confirm that when the Box Pro becomes ‘Unresponsive’ the Purple/Blue remote control indicator on the Box still flashes when I press a button on the Remote, but the Box does absolutely nothing whatsoever. 

On a further note, I don’t want to tempt fate but the ‘Green Circle’ problem really does seems to have gone. I’ve now watched a few On Demand shows on Now, no lingering Green Circle when I Pause/FF/REW!

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro
0 Ratings
Message 78 of 192

I too can confirm that on my first box that was faulty, the blue light came on when remote was pressed and same for the replacement box which too has been freezing, but not as much as the last one. 

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 192

Thanks all for your feedback.

When you state the box is frozen, is the picture actually frozen on the screen, or do you mean the box is frozen because you can't navigate away from a channel that is otherwise playing successfully?

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 192

Mine freezes. As in the picture is fine on screen but nothing happens when pressing remote,  although the circle LED acknowledges presses

0 Ratings