cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 192

Re: BT TV Box Pro issue - unresponsive

On my Box the programme on screen continues but I couldn’t then change channel, or do anything else. 

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro
Message 82 of 192

I've had this a couple of times too. The box is totally dead except the last channel you were on continues to play.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 83 of 192

I’ve had this too several times 

Message 84 of 192

Thanks all, this will help us narrow down the root cause.

Two other questions please:

1) does this issue tend to occur soon after bringing the box out of standby, after using the box for a reasonable period of time, or a mixture of both i.e. it can occur any time?

2) does this issue tend to occur after channel hopping (performing a number of channel tunes in a short period of time) or does it occur when performing just a single channel tune from one channel to another, or a mixture of both?

0 Ratings
Message 85 of 192

On a couple of occasions no response in the morning and had to reboot then press the on /off button manually after a message from my LG Oled saying "do you want to turn your Talk Talk box on?" Followed by "no signal ". Other occasions watching a channel and unable to switch channels..no home page,guide,etc. Working well today.
0 Ratings
Message 86 of 192

It occurs at any time really, the last time it happened I think I was watching Talk TV on 237.

There’s no real pattern to how it occurs, I could be channel hopping or I could have been watching a channel for quite a while.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro
Message 87 of 192

Happening about once every week

Times it tends to happen are if channel hopping quickly, sends the device in to a tizz, doesn't know where its going, on selected channel will be blank and then it will bounce back to your previous channel after about 30 secs. 

The other time I have witnessed it is when recording, the recording starts and then that's it, remote, device are unresponsive. Picture still there but have to power off to reboot.

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 192

I would say both. Sometimes it’s when the box wakes up, sometimes it’s when moving or attempting to move from one channel to another and also when the box is recording funnily enough. If you look through all the pages you’ll see others say the same. My second box isn’t as bad as the last one, but still does it intermittently. Hope that helps. 

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 192

This issue is now happening on a daily basis. I can see when it is going to happen as the box slows down and commands start to take several seconds to happen. Tonight I had to watch a recorded programme without rewinding or pausing as I could see that the box was slowing down and it could freeze at any point, in which case I would lose the programmes recording at that point. It eventually went during Mock the Week, which are repeats so I wasn't bothered about losing the recording, but it is frustrating that this is happening so regularly. I have never had a box before that has to be rebooted virtually every day!!

What I am concerned about is how do we fix this? BT don't seem to be interested except to continually ask us to reboot the box. Is there not some way we can have a more stable system as it is starting to become unusable for the purposes of having uninterrupted recordings? Unfortunately I am stuck with it for now as my subscription still has around 18 months to run.

Alex

0 Ratings
Message 90 of 192

Turned the box on last night, greeted with a frozen BT logo. Pressed the BT button on the front of the box and the box started clicking then rebooted.

So far 3 times this week, really not acceptable. 

Will BT allow the termination of our contracts with no fees ?

Only signed up a month or so a go with BTTV and wish I had never bothered.

0 Ratings