cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 192

Re: BT TV Box Pro issue - unresponsive

After a full week of being well behaved. The Pro Box LOL if you can call it that. Let me down last night.

Greeted with a blank screen, waited a minute or so and could hear clicking in the box, it then rebooted itself.

Out of all the tech I have, this has to be most unreliable by a long shot.

Shame, as it could have been good. 

Message 102 of 192

Whilst this thread has gone a bit quiet my box is still as unreliable as ever, two restarts today already!

Number 1:  Turned on the TV this morning to watch F3 practice this morning channels there fine but no EPG data gave it half an hour but nothing updated a restart fixed it.

Number 2: After F1 practice channel hop (Eurosport BBC One/Sky Cricket)  before F3 quali  but then the black screen off death when I tried to go back to Sky F1 (which was recording).   Tried going back to Eurosport etc. nothing on any channels so yet another restart is required. 

I've also had a couple of failed recordings this week (not ghost ones) for seemingly no reason.  Can't wait for Sky to release their streaming puck as a standalone device as despite the compromises (and still being under contract until August '23) it can't be any worse than this (can it!?).  

0 Ratings
Message 103 of 192

I’ve had a few failed recordings this week too.

BT have been in touch with Youview (I got a message this week) to say that they know what the problem is and have been able to replicate the issues we are all experiencing but as yet no fix.

So, they are acknowledging the issue and are hopefully on the case to finding a resolution. 

Message 104 of 192

Good news,I am checking for updates regularly.
No problems for a week and as I have said before, when it is working it is excellent. Long may it continue.
0 Ratings
Message 105 of 192

Once again this morning turned on for the rugby and no guide data at all.  Half time now so another reboot incoming!  I wonder if that might explain the failed recordings I've had this week too (they've been in the daytime when the box hadn't been turned on yet that day).  Whatever it's just ridiculous.

0 Ratings
Message 106 of 192

For what it's worth it does seem to be happening less frequently than before. There was a period where it was happening every 1-2 days, but now it's about once a week or so.

0 Ratings
Message 107 of 192

I’m probably tempting fate saying this but I haven’t encountered the ‘Unresponsive’ problem for a good few weeks now.

However, I’m still encountering ‘Ghost Recordings’ very frequently but the programme recordings themselves have been fine.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro
0 Ratings
Message 108 of 192

I spoke too soon! Fine first thing, switched off,returned in time for
the start of the test match....nothing,reboot ,press the button on the box manually, You View for a minute and hey presto ,working again!
0 Ratings
Message 109 of 192

A few days without issue came to an end this morning.  Turned the box on, Sky Sports Main Event appeared, all seemed well except no on screen info and impossible to change channels/open the guide, cue another restart.  

0 Ratings
Message 110 of 192

They released a software update and this seemingly was to resolve some of the issues. I also got a text from BT last week saying: 

Hello, BT here. Unfortunately there's still no update from Youview, they've managed to replicate the issue, but no fix imminent.