cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 121 of 192

Re: BT TV Box Pro issue - unresponsive

Hi all,

This thread has been a bit quiet for a while. Are you still experiencing issues with the Pro box becoming unresponsive, or have things improved over the last few weeks?

Keen to hear your feedback.

Thanks
Gavin

0 Ratings
Message 122 of 192

I had been having no issues for a while, until the last week. Where the box has started freezing again. Not sure if there’s been a recent software update which is causing a glitch.

0 Ratings
Message 123 of 192

Just one reboot since the last  fix. All well for the last week  or two. 

As ever when it is working it is excellent. 

0 Ratings
Message 124 of 192

I haven't had any full lockups recently just a few 'black screens' when changing channels (often when rapidly channel hopping) can neccesitate turning the box on/off (i.e. in and out of standby) but no full resets.

0 Ratings
Message 125 of 192

Same here. Fine first thing and able to watch recordings.
11.45 am switch on,unresponsive, unable to change channels or get
the guide/home page. Switch off and unplug...After a while the You View loading screen and now all is well.
0 Ratings
Message 126 of 192

Just to add to this today I've multiple examples of blank screens when changing channels often if a recording was happening.  Firstly switching between Bathurst on BT Sport 1 and the Japanese GP on Sky Sports F1. 

Then when trying to change to the England V Australia T20 after the F1 I had the same issue and again when after the cricket I tried to watch the C4 F1 replay.  This one actually stopped my C4 F1 recording and I had to restart it.  So in my planner it's actually split in two (luckily during an ad break).

Now the most recent one changing from the NFL on ITV to Sky Main Event ahead of the Arsenal v Liverpool game.  It's pretty infuriating that changing channels causes blank screens particulary with live sport as you could easily miss something. 

Now I don't know what the cause is but I think it might be do with channels being delivered over IP.  Prior to 'internet mode' being available I used to change to a Freeview channel then back and that would fix it (might have been pure conicidence).  Since having all channels delivered over IP only turning the box on and off seems to reliably fix it.

0 Ratings
Message 127 of 192

I have come back tonight to find the pro-box has hard reset itself. I turned on the box and it asked me to pick how I wanted my channels delivered. I had already opted to to use IP channels a few weeks back. Once the box had finished I found that all my recordings have been deleted. Bit annoyed to be fair. Since the last update everything had seemed to calm down.

0 Ratings
Message 128 of 192

I've just had my box reboot during the Rangers v Liverpool game I assume this means this issue with Ultimate on ch465 is still not fixed.  I've tended to be flicking around when games have been on 465 recently but I assume others have been having issues.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 129 of 192

Same.

Black screen on 465 during Rangers Liverpool. Happened last night during the Celtic game too.

This box..

Message 130 of 192

Just happened again I'll go back to watching the goals show I think!  Utterly ludicrous that their 'flagship' channel is still effectively unusable 3 months into the season.

EDIT This time it's not even automatically rebooting for me!

@gavinlambourne it's been a week since you asked for any feedback, is there any response yet from BT's end?

0 Ratings