cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 131 of 192

Re: BT TV Box Pro issue - unresponsive

I aometimes get that if recording #465 and then wonder around other channels and go back to #465.

@Anonymouswrote:

Same.

Black screen on 465 during Rangers Liverpool. Happened last night during the Celtic game too.

This box..

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 132 of 192

After months of no problems, today the box was unresponsive after turning on, only the BT no/off button was responsive although the light on the box came on with every remote button press. A power cycle seems to have solved the problem.

For some strange reason the audio description setting was on when it has never been set to on. A few programmes also failed to record this evening although others have recorded with no problem.

Let's hope that this is a one off and not a regular occurrence.

0 Ratings
Message 133 of 192

I’ve been getting the black screen thing too. All these issues appear to be software related. When I made my previous complaint, software was also the reason BT gave me for all the issue. Their developers are evidently not great at what they do! Or conduct adequate testing before the release the software. 

0 Ratings
Message 134 of 192

After the last few days the box has gone back to its old ways, requiring a reboot to get it working, either stars up with no channels showing or the UI seems to act really odd, scrolling on its own, then freezing. I have to say that my windows PC is far more reliable than this box LOL.

0 Ratings
Message 135 of 192

I've been experiencing issues with IP channels cutting other through ethernet connection over the past few days, but working fine on WiFi.

0 Ratings
Message 136 of 192

I’ve been getting the black screen again today and certain channels cutting out. Can anyone from BT please feed this back again please, as it’s unacceptable for us to go through all this again with these useless boxes!

Message 137 of 192

Please look at the latest comments. Looks like you’ve jinxed it. Can you advise if there’s been a recent software update as it’s evidently causing issues. Thanks
Message 138 of 192

+1 on this 

@DarrenDev / @gavinlambourne any news?  The issues certainly appear to have ramped up recently.  Black screens are pretty much a daily occurence (at a minimum) for me the latest being when I came out of the Prime Video app at half time in El Clasico so this wasn't even a case of changing channels within the EPG.  

0 Ratings
Message 139 of 192

So nearly another week on I'm still getting the black screen on a regular basis, during the week when coming out of the Prime video app (to the point I gave up and used my Apple TV to watch the Premier League games on Prime Video).  Today getting it flicking between the cricket and the various football (PL, WSL and SPL).

0 Ratings
Message 140 of 192

I’m still encountering the ‘Black Screen’ issue, on multiple occasions, each time I use my BT Box Pro.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro