cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 192

Re: BT TV Box Pro issue - unresponsive

I’ve asked the same question as part of my complaint. Took a new bundle and included TV in December and nothing but problems with the TV element. But if I’m leaving, I’m leaving, lock stock and barrel and will move to another provider for the whole package. I’ve got fibre to the premises and previously could only use BT, now I can choose Sky, Talk Talk etc. 

0 Ratings
Message 92 of 192

Just TWO mornings in the last week when the box has had to be rebooted..Friday and again today.

Both occasions the box was fine first thing but after turning off for an hour no response when trying to switch on again..blank screen .  Usual routine ..switch off, unplug  replug,switch on..Watching now and all recordings were successful over the weekend. 

Message 93 of 192

BT seem to have set a precedent here in cancelling a contract where they can't make the Pro Box work. So I'd pursue that line, give them say 14 days to provide a solution or you'll consider the contract null & void. I'd suggest this is done at Executive Level rather than the 150 make-it -up-as-you-go-along route.

Message 94 of 192

I haven’t encountered the ‘Unresponsive’ issue since Thursday but, going by posts on here, I suspect it is likely to happen again. 

However, on my Box the ‘Green Circle’ issue does seem to have gone,  it hasn’t made an appearance in several days 👍

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro
Message 95 of 192

Hi @Filosopher @alexmidd @MC22 

I have sent each of you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

@Neilyboy72 I already have your details and will get back to you with an outcome too.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 96 of 192

@RobbieMac  - just took my Box Pro out of standby and the a/v started but after 2-3 presses of the remote the whole box ground to a holt.  A single quick press of the remote would light up the remote led for about 3-4 seconds each time.

Box will now not do anything so time for a reboot.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 97 of 192

Been having a similar issue to some. The box just become unresponsive. The channel will keep going but you could be stuck on the guide. You can still move around on the guide but you cant get off of it or change channel. The remote is obviously working so it must be the box.

Message 98 of 192

I had two issues yesterday and yet another today.

Turned on the box first thing and the last channel watched appeared but I unable to change channels or do anything in the menu until a reboot.

Then later I had an occurrence of a regular issue I get when watching a channel I was recording in this case the F1 on Sky.   Between qualifying sessions I wanted to see what was happening in the golf, however when changing back to Sky F1 I got a black screen and the only way to get it back is to cancel the recording. 

Really irritating and just now the cricket froze, changing channels got nothing but a black screen, cue another reboot!

0 Ratings
Message 99 of 192

Had to reboot yesterday when changing from subscription channel to free view channel. Fine first thing today but had to wait a full minute with a blank screen before getting the home screen menu etc. Have now given my details to two moderators with a promise of help. I'm hoping that they are waiting to send me a new box!!
0 Ratings
Message 100 of 192

Just an update, in that BT called me this week to tell me they acknowledge that some customers are experiencing issues with boxes and their technical teams are investigating what could be causing this. This is progress as this is the first time they’ve acknowledged there actually was a an issue with them. I’ll keep you posted! 

0 Ratings