cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 181 of 192

Re: BT TV Box Pro issue - unresponsive

It's not just the recording issues I've had. It's also the box not booting on the 1st box.

1st and 2nd box the TV box randomly turning on in the night.

I've had a few people out and it isn't resolved. I'm fed up of the box and close to cancelling contract and paying buyout fee.

0 Ratings
Message 182 of 192

Hi David, sorry to hear about all the issues you’re having.

I’ve got a Pro box myself. The only issue I encounter with it now is a very slight audio sync problem. Though this is much better than before the last update, and to resolve I have to increase the audio offset and then decrease it to 0 again.

Annoying but not the end of the world.

I don’t have any of the issues you report. Have you swapped out the power plug when you’ve changed boxes? I’m just trying to think what could possibly be causing all this.
0 Ratings
Message 183 of 192

Yeah always use the new plug. 

It's been fine for. While then these problems start sporadically.

0 Ratings
Message 184 of 192

And your broadband is always fine? Are you connected straight into the router using an Ethernet cable? 

0 Ratings
Message 185 of 192

No, I'm on IP mode. With WiFi, my WiFi is 500mb (which I never get because of BTs back dated routers)

0 Ratings
Message 186 of 192

So had my replacement box for about 3 weeks now and this one is even worse than the last one. We haven’t managed to get the box to come out of standby once without having to do a full reboot. If you are recording a programme at the time, the recording stops. What a pain. This really is appalling tech from BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 187 of 192

I think it’s ANOTHER software issue, as twice in the last 2 weeks I’ve had exactly the same issues. It would appear that BT or Youview don’t appear to do any testing prior to releasing software. 

0 Ratings
Message 188 of 192

Is anyone else having issues again? My box is becoming unresponsive, blank screen when you scroll through channels. Switch on and off, nothing, reboot is all that will fix it, done this three times in last month. 

0 Ratings
Message 189 of 192

Our box has been well behaved for a while now, but last week it refused to come out of standby and needed a reboot power cycle. Been alright since then.

Maybe we have to expect this to happen every so often with type of hardware.

0 Ratings
Message 190 of 192

Hi @Woodfold @Neilyboy72 @derekscarborough 

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues.

To help us investigate it this further, it would be interesting to understand exactly what you mean by the box is failing to coming out of standby. Is your experience one of the following:

a) I press the standby button on the box or the remote, the remote light on the box does not flash and the power button does not change colour on the box

b) I press the standby button on the box or the remote, the remote light flashes on the box but the power button light does not change colour on the box

c) I press the standby button on the box or the remote, the remote light flashes on the box and the power light changes colour on the box, but I never see the Youview UI appear on the TV.

d) I press the standby button on the box or the remote, the remote light flashes on the box and the power light changes colour on the box. I see the Youview UI on the TV and I can navigate around, but whenever I try and tune to a channel I just get a black screen

If you happen to see (c) please can you try and reselect the HDMI input for the box on the TV (even if already selected) and does the Youview UI appear?

When you do next see the issue, if you could please let me know know the date/time and whether your experience was one of the above, it would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings