cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT TV Box Pro issues when turning on in the morning

I have a daily issue with the BT Box Pro that is driving me mad. Every morning when I turn it on I am faced with a black screen despite the box being tuned to the last channel I watched the night before. This happens no matter what channel it is tuned to. The only way out is to change channel, and then after a few seconds I do eventually get a picture.

What is more annoying, however, is that if I then select a currently recording programme to watch, the box immediately stops recording the programme and all future scheduled recordings disappear. I then have to restart the recording and set the series recording all over again.

This has been happening for a while now and it’s getting very tiresome. Is anybody else seeing this problem and is anybody aware of a fix. For the time being I have turned off the smart standby option as I have it in my head it is something to do with it waking up from sleep, but I won’t be able to test this until tomorrow morning.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT TV Box Pro issues when turning on in the morning

@alexmidd I have both issues. I can live with the wake-up issue, irritating that it is.  The other issue of watching a pgm that is currently being recorded, and then subsequently the Pro Box stops recording and deletes future scheduled recordings v annoying. No anwers, but confirming that you are not alone. Not seen any software updates for quite a while!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi, thanks for the reply, it’s good to know I’m not the only one.

Update on the situation. I turned off smart standby and there is no issue this morning. It might not be the culprit but it’s certainly looking like that at the moment, in which case it needs to be addressed. I guess I’ll have to phone them or chat to try and get it fixed.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@alexmidd Hi, I switched the Smart (?) Standby mode off too, to date it seems to have worked!

Message 5 of 7

I've had various issues wih Smart Standby on the Pro Box and the previous 4K box - oftem coming out of standby outside of the declared standby hours.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 6 of 7

Based on these replies maybe BT need to change the label “recommended” beside the Smart Standby option to “not recommended”. 😆
Message 7 of 7

"Smart Standby" - "Smart Hub2" - seems to be a theme running here with a BT misunderstanding of the word "Smart"

@alexmiddwrote:
Based on these replies maybe BT need to change the label “recommended” beside the Smart Standby option to “not recommended”. 😆

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.