cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT TV Box Pro - jerky video

Go to solution

Hello, anyone with a Pro box experiencing jerky video? Happening on both live TV channels and streaming (e.g. Netflix).

Doesn't seem to be any picture quality issues, but it isn't smooth (e.g. when watching scrolling end credits, instead of consistently scrolling, the text moves fast, then slow, then fast, then slow...)

Really annoying!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT TV Box Pro - jerky video

Go to solution

Usual question:  How is the box connected to the router / Home Hub?

Usual answer:  If not using an ethernet cable then try one and see if it makes a difference which then points the finger, as usual, at the PLAs if normally used instead.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Have you tried chaning 'Motion' control settings on the tv? I always found it hard to get it right on Samsung tvs.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Sorry, should have included more info. Pro box is direct replacement for 4K box (never any issues with that box).
Direct wired connection to SmartHub 2.
FTTC 67 Mbps broadband.
As mentioned in the initial post, this is happening with live TV (via the aerial) as well as streaming TV so was wondering if this might be a caching/buffering issue in the box...?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

had same problem ,try settings match frame rate turn off an back on again ,that worked for me which have to do if i.e amazon watch anything in HDR which changes frame rate when go back to live tv the frame rate will stick at 30p jerky video an not auto switch back.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks

Same issue here with the "jerk".

I'm not happy we have to manually switch the frame rate button. Shouldn't they be automatic? Is there any point?

Might as well keep it off otherwise?

Thanks

Chris 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

It should auto switch between the frame rates from  30p to 25p  an not stick at 30p,my guess it is a software bug  and will get fixed via an update at some point. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I did a reboot and it seems to have settled now so hopefully just a glitch....

0 Ratings