cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

BT TV Box (YouView +) does not restart after updates

For the past few months, every time my BT YouView + box detects and and installs a software update, it reaches 100% complete but the box no longer restarts as it used to do, despite the message on the screen which states;

'Update available

Let's get you updated. Your box will restart when we're finished.

o o o o

100% complete'

This message remains on the screen, with the row of 4 dots moving back and forth left to right, and seems to be stuck on this screen forever.

The only way I've found to get out of this is to disconnect the mains power for 30 seconds. When power is re-applied, the box starts up OK and the software update seems to have been applied successfully.

What has happened to my box ? Is it faulty or is there some way to make it automatically restart after updating ?

Device Informtion

Humax

Model: DTRT2100

Variant: 84B08500

Identifier: 0000DB-DTRT2100-075a8871

Software Information

Last checked for update: 27 May 2022

Last checked for apps: 27 May 2022

Component software: 3.7.216 (cc7e23)

Manufacturer software: 32.135.0

Platform configuration: 4810 (abe6cccb)

ISP configuration: 2501313

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT TV Box (YouView +) does not restart after updates

Almost certainly a failed hard drive. BT will replace your box free of charge if you're under contract 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

@ByJings 

Have you tried one of the Maintenance Mode resets - see here - using options 2 and 4 (as these retain your recordings)?

Doing these can resolve a multitude of problems.

Unless you've got any clicking or other sounds coming from the box ignore the comment about the hard drive failing.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

The 2100 is an aging box now and if it won't restart then I can't see any number of resets fixing it but by all means try it

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

I can't see why it is anything to do with the hard drive, as after cycling the power following the software updates the box restarts without any problems and then does so until the next software update. Also, rocordings and playback work perfectly.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

As  I tried to explain in my original message, the only issue with the box is that the automatic restart which is supposed to happen after applying software updates no longer activates, leaving the box showing the update 100% completed message. So I now have to manually restart the box by cycling the power after any updates, whereas it used to restart automatically.

After manually restarting the box, it operates without any problems and recordings and playback work perfectly.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

I haven't tried any of these.

I'll give them a try, but I won't know if there is any change until the next time I install a software update.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

My box does this too, but only if I follow the onscreen prompt to update. Now when I get the prompt, I click skip for now, instead of update now. Then I go to settings and start the update manually and that seems to work so far. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

We had the same issue with ours, I just waited 15 minutes for it to update and then rebooted it with the switch on the back and it was fine...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Thanks ... I'll give that a try for the next update.