Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilksy
Beginner
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT TV Connection Issue

Go to solution

No it has never worked as I only got it Tuesday evening, however my NOWTV box has always worked via the Flex 1000 and that doesn't work now I guess due to the Red data light error which I why my thoughts are leaning towards something that BT has done when they did whatever magic they do when they up your download speed.

As a side I do have a pair of Mini Connectors due to me tomorrow, but my gut feeling is the broadband speed update

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

Along with the speed upgrade they also switched on multicast because of the BT TV aspect. My guess - and it's only a guess - is that is what caused your issue. The new mini connectors will hopefully resolve that.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

NowTV does not use multicast, it uses unicast, which is totally different.

Multicast is not always passed over powerline devices, as it can saturate the connection if they are not designed correctly.

The addition of the multicast streams, may be the reason why the adapters have started to show red, as they do not like it.

The mini connectors are designed to carry multicast, and should work fine.

0 Ratings
wilksy
Beginner
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

I do hope so, the whole idea a going to BT TV was to watch TV alongside BT Sport thus getting rid of one piece of equipment/cost to watch BT Sport.

Unfortunatly what I currently have is a lesser service than I had on Monday plus the hours of frustration talking to BT and getting totally different views from each pillar the previous person puts me through to.

I fail to understand the communication trail that BT puts people through and the immense sense of frustration that they seem to put people through, I dread having to phone them after a long 12 hour day at work.

0 Ratings
wilksy
Beginner
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Okay so I thought I would write up what happened with the BT TV connection issues I was having.  As I previously stated I had an appointment with a BT Engineer on Saturday plus I had a pair of Mini Connectors delivered on the Friday so the Engineer could use them if needed.

So he turns up Saturday just after 1pm and within 15 minutes he has it working - did the Flex 1000 work, No - did the Mini Connectors work, No both produced them same red light issue with low data transfer.

What did work was using one of my BT Whole Home Disc's ethernet port plugged into the BT TV Box - success.

So if you have the Whole Home Discs try using the port instead of buying Mini Connectors or anything else.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Have you confirmed that the extra subscription channels work, BT Sport etc?

0 Ratings
wilksy
Beginner
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Yes it all works, as it should including the HD channels - the Engineer went through it all before he left.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

@wilksy wrote:

Yes it all works, as it should including the HD channels - the Engineer went through it all before he left.

That may help other people, as it was not clear if it would work.

0 Ratings
wilksy
Beginner
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Hopefully it will especially if you already have the discs, I actually mounted mine on the wall behind the TV for athestical reasons - I hate cables on show as my TV is mounted to a Ruark R7.ruark compressed.jpg 

0 Ratings