cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

BT TV Extra Box Questions

Last year, when the Pro box was "soft" launched I considered subscribing to BT TV, but didn't at the time for various reasons. I am now considering adding BT TV, but have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can advise on please:

1.) In addition to the main BT TV box in the lounge, I would be adding a second "Extra" box in the bedroom. I am aware that only non-recording boxes are supplied for Extra box now, and at the time I asked if the Extra box can access and show recordings stored on the main Pro box, (in the same way that Sky Q remote boxes can), ie could I watch a recording in the bedroom? At the time the answer was that it was not possible then, but was expected to be a feature that would be added later in the year, (2020). Has this ability to watch recordings in another room via the Extra box now been added?

2.) Originally, the Pro box was only being supplied to customers taking the top VIP package. Is this still the case, or is it now being given to all new customers, regardless of package?

I would be ordering Big Sport with HD and Extra Box add-ons. Both boxes would be connected by ethernet cable.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT TV Extra Box Questions

Unfortunately you can't yet watch recordings on a second box. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

@NigelB72 

Thanks for the reply.

That's a pity - this is an important feature for me. Can anyone advise if adding this facility is still planned, and a likely timescale please?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Most content is available through the various streaming apps and catch up services so there's little reason to need a second box for recordings.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

@NigelB72 

Not all Freeview channels have catchup apps on BT TV though. The channels that I watch mainly on Freeview at the moment are Quest, Smithsonian, Blaze and PBS America. Does BT TV now have catchup apps for these services? I don't think it did when I previously had BT TV, so have they since been added?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Ahhh ok. Quest used to have catch up but I think that's been absorbed into Discovery+ which is a subscription app not available on BT. The others don't have catch up facilities through BT or Freeview either.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

When I had BT TV previously, I had 2 Humax recording boxes - one in the lounge and one in the bedroom. Obviously this meant setting recordings on both as I didn't know which room I would be viewing them in later. Also, the Youview app on my phone could only be linked to one of the boxes for remotely setting recordings.

With Sky Q, having one central box with all the recordings on that can be remotely accessed from another room is a much simpler and neater solution.

Hopefully someone will come on to this thread and advise when this facility will be made available. If it isn't going to be too long then I'll probably just delay getting BT TV.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

@zulu17 

Thanks for the reply. I was aware of that thread, but looking at the dates of the posts, (10th March 2021), had the Pro box been launched by then? I thought that thread was referring to the older Humax boxes, as I have previously had BT TV with a Humax T4000 in the lounge and a T2100 in the bedroom so I know it wasn't possible then.

@DarrenDevreplied to that thread saying that although there were hurdles to overcome, it was still hoped to add this feature "in the future". Has there been any progress or updated info since then please?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Watching recordings from one box on a different device is still just an ambition rather than a commitment I'm afraid.
0 Ratings