Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pekingduck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT TV Extra Box

Hi,

I have at last got round to setting up my new Hub, BT TV box, Mini Connector kit and plugged the old BT TV box in to the Mini Connector in the bedroom.  I called BT mid morning yesterday to activate "Extra Box" but when I checked last night and this morning on the TV in the bedroom, I didn't seem to be able to get it to work.  Do I need to connect the BT box to the TV with any other cable e.g. scart, hdmi?  Also, what AV Source do I need to select?  My TV in the bedroom says:

Input Source

FREEVIEW

ANALOGUE

SCART

DVD

VGA/PC

HDMI

VIDEO

USB MEDIA

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 18

The only connections you need are Power, Network, HDMI and (optional) TV Aerial.

Make sure you select the HDMI input on the TV, it should take care of itself but some TV are not so good on HDMI auto select

0 Ratings
pekingduck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

OK thank you

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 18

Hi!

I have the Extra Box service, £5 per month, I also have free BT App Extra on my Amazon firesticks, to have BTTV/Sport available throughout my home, so I do not think that is any problem. When I signed up earlier last year for the Extra Box bolt on, a mod on this forum helped me with my order and making sure everything was working on my second box, (as phoning customer services was not too much help as nobody seemed to know what I was on about!). I already had a spare working box at home, so did not need to purchase yet another one(as online ordering and Customer Services felt I needed to do!).

0 Ratings
ByJings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Thanks for all the replies and the new info.
0 Ratings
pekingduck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

If I record something on the box in the front room, should I be able to see it on the box in the bedroom?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

@pekingduck wrote:
If I record something on the box in the front room, should I be able to see it on the box in the bedroom?

No.

0 Ratings
pekingduck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

OK thanks 🙂
0 Ratings